The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
What happened to Casey's Dad?

I just finished re-watching Dragons Rising and at the end Casey goes to his Dad's grave. Is it implied that the Purple Dragons, and in particular Hun, kill his dad?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 04-08-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I think that's it, they keep it very vague if I remember correctly.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #3
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I always thought that he died in the fire that destroyed their store. But then I saw the flashback where Casey is begging his dad not to go to the cops but he does. Maybe the Dragons found out about that and killed him then.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I always thought that he died in the fire that destroyed their store. But then I saw the flashback where Casey is begging his dad not to go to the cops but he does. Maybe the Dragons found out about that and killed him then.
I barely remember that one, but I think that's a good assumption.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #5
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I can't remember the exact ep where that flashback took place, but I do remember it vaguely. It makes sense that the Dragons killed him then because he gave them up.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Doesn't it seem Hun was younger when he burned Casey's dad's store? But he's an adult when they kill Hamato Yoshi and he gets the scar. Well, wasn't Casey a boy when the turtles taught him stuff in Lessons? So, Hun was an adult with a scar BEFORE the turtles were even born and Splinter was mutated. But he is younger when they burn the store and when Casey is a boy (and this is also when the turtles are children). Although I'm not quite sure how old Casey is in Lessons, but I thought he's about the same age as when the store burned down. Strange, anyone?
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,197
Good eye! Inaccurate flashbacks I guess...
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Doesn't it seem Hun was younger when he burned Casey's dad's store? But he's an adult when they kill Hamato Yoshi and he gets the scar. Well, wasn't Casey a boy when the turtles taught him stuff in Lessons? So, Hun was an adult with a scar BEFORE the turtles were even born and Splinter was mutated. But he is younger when they burn the store and when Casey is a boy (and this is also when the turtles are children). Although I'm not quite sure how old Casey is in Lessons, but I thought he's about the same age as when the store burned down. Strange, anyone?
Clones and/or time travel

somewhere there is an unscarred Hun flying around in a blue police box
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Well its not like its ambiguious, its heavily implied the Purple Dragons kill his dad, it couldn't be made more obvious probably because of censors but yeah they pretty much tell you.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well its not like its ambiguious, its heavily implied the Purple Dragons kill his dad, it couldn't be made more obvious probably because of censors but yeah they pretty much tell you.
This is a show where characters die onscreen, and the Utrom Council explicitly refers to the thousands upon thousands of lives taken by Ch'rell.

I don't think the censors would object to a mention of Casey Sr. being murdered.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I can't remember the exact ep where that flashback took place, but I do remember it vaguely. It makes sense that the Dragons killed him then because he gave them up.
The flash back of Casey telling his dad not to go is in Dragons Rising.

As for Casey in The Lesson, he's about the same age as in the flashback. I think it's just a flub, as I never cared for the Lesson anyway. I often wondered how old Kid Casey was when he met the Kid Turtles. I assume that Casey is in his late 20's to early 30s in the 4kids series, so if he was say 12 when the turtles train him, they'd be...what 2? I dunna.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
So, Hun was an adult with a scar BEFORE the turtles were even born and Splinter was mutated.
Turtles aren't born, they're hatched. Go back to school!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I assume that Casey is in his late 20's to early 30s in the 4kids series, so if he was say 12 when the turtles train him, they'd be...what 2?
Turtles mature faster than humans. Heck, the suckers are hatched fully able to walk and knowing to seek cover.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:03 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Turtles mature faster than humans. Heck, the suckers are hatched fully able to walk and knowing to seek cover.
True...and the mutagen affected them too, but then what of the Future Turtles in Archie Comics...shouldn't they be dead? DON'T MAKE ME THINK THAT!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I recall seeing a tortoise on a school field trip at a zoo forever ago that the guide told us was 400 years old. I guess if kept away from the three horsemen leading up to Death, all turtles can have a lifespan significantly longer than humans. I'm hypothesizing here though.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
According to the pet care guide I found online, red eared sliders, of which the Turtles are supposedly mutated, live 25-50 years depending on the type of care provided. So as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...they're also Middle-aged Mutant Ninja Turtles.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
So, the future Turtles are zombies? O_O That changes things... a lot.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I think it's assumed that the mutagen extended their lifespan...but yeah, not that much. Maybe Murph thought all Turtles not just tortoises had 100+ year life spans. Box Turtles (which all my childhood "Raphs" were) have 125 year life spans.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Doesn't it seem Hun was younger when he burned Casey's dad's store? But he's an adult when they kill Hamato Yoshi and he gets the scar. Well, wasn't Casey a boy when the turtles taught him stuff in Lessons? So, Hun was an adult with a scar BEFORE the turtles were even born and Splinter was mutated. But he is younger when they burn the store and when Casey is a boy (and this is also when the turtles are children). Although I'm not quite sure how old Casey is in Lessons, but I thought he's about the same age as when the store burned down. Strange, anyone?
I think he's like 10-12 in lessons. It's very possible that he was meant to look younger in the flashback with Hun but they didn't want to design another Casey so they just used the same one. I have no idea honestly. It's more likely it's just an error with the scar. Though I can't say Hun looks much older. If anything there could easily be just a year or even a few months difference there between that event and him helping to kill Yoshi.

If anyone has a pic of Casey from The Lesson you can compare.
Spoiler:
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #19
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
There are screen grabs here:
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/...nopses/64.html
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:54 PM   #20
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Young Casey looks like a bum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.