The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
Nick is hiring artists for their TMNT series.

And if you live in or near Los Angeles, you might be able to apply.

(found this at Tristan Jones's Twitter account)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
nnNNNGH!


I live in wrong country...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Old; it's been up for a while now.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I don't think those jobs are still up for the take by now.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
nnNNNGH!


I live in wrong country...
Just figuring that out? Get a passport/visa! Hurry!!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #6
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
I don't think those jobs are still up for the take by now.
Never know. Looks like they were put up on April 4th.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Ugh... I was on board with my animation demo reel until I got to the part about CG is a plus. The populous of people who fit that description far exceeds my chances of getting in.
I can get around Maya 5 haha but I haven't used it since then. I need to take a few 3D program courses. I might apply anyway just to try
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams View Post
I might apply anyway just to try
Do it for me.
Do it for Dromerica.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Do it for me.
Do it for Dromerica.
Lol, Spitfire just said the same thing. I have a good friend who lives in Beverly Hills, after a six hour drive and a stay with her I just might be able to hand in that portfolio
I have some major work ahead of me to get my stuff together... I wonder if being such a big fan would help or hinder, should I even bring that up? I should stop I am actually getting myself excited
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams View Post
I wonder if being such a big fan would help or hinder, should I even bring that up?
Just don't let yourself sound too picky, and they'd probably be all 'bout your finger on the pulse of the fandom. It's like free publicity.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:05 PM   #11
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Just don't let yourself sound too picky, and they'd probably be all 'bout your finger on the pulse of the fandom. It's like free publicity.
Very sound advice! I'll keep that stuff in the Drome ; )
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
this is really awesome, maybe we can get somebody in there that knows alot about the tmnt.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #13
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
I saw that a week or so ago. I wanted to submit so badly, but I've got no CGI experience. My only hope would be to look into the writing jobs...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Just figuring that out? Get a passport/visa! Hurry!!
hmm, tempting. but I guess I have to finish school first...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #15
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Well all i can say is good luck to those who apply.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Call me when they start hiring writers.

EDIT: And voice actors.
__________________

Last edited by Ninjinister; 04-13-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
My only hope would be to look into the writing jobs...
Dunno where you could get in on that, but the more 'Dromers, the merrier! ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Call me when they start hiring writers.
I find it interesting that they wrote a pilot if they don't have writers.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Call me when they start hiring... voice actors.
Me too. I love the characters and to work with my "idol" would be a dream come true.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'd love to be a writer for the show or a voice actor. One of my teachers even said I'd be good at doing voices for cartoons.

And maybe the pilot was just a test script. I'm sure they have writers already who are working on the show. And it would be cool if a Dromer got to do animation.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #20
psyrusly
Foot Soldier
 
psyrusly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 130
I too am not staying in the state.But I'd love to apply for concept art or pre-production related post for this or the live action film.Hope to pitch to do art for an issue of Tales Of TMNT if it ever happens again too.Would be great portfolio and a dream comes true.
psyrusly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.