The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Mikey had the best fight scenes?

Does anyone agree or has anyone ever dissected this at all? I really do think Mikey had some of the coolest combination of fight scenes of all the turtles. I don't mean he was the best fighter, Leo was. Mikey definitely owned being the 2nd best by him owning Raph all the time.

Some of the cool fight scenes that stand out...

• Christmas aliens when he did that super spinning jump kick to one of the goons.
• Battle nexus fight with Kluh...him jumping over him and a low kick to the back of the knee. Also the spinning shell move.
• I believe it was the first fight with Shredders elite, he had this cool numchuck move that hit the guy right in the face. (sorry not very descriptive).

I don't know to me Mikey had some of the best scenes out of everyone there.

Last edited by k_lala; 04-17-2011 at 08:09 AM.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
For my money the big episode long fight between Leonardo and ENTIRE FREAKIN' FOOT CLAN trumps all....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
For my money the big episode long fight between Leonardo and ENTIRE FREAKIN' FOOT CLAN trumps all....
WIN.

I'd say Leo had the best fight scenes, mostly because the writers seemed to always make him go one-on-one with the villain at some point in the fight and deliver the critical blow.

But, animation-wise, many of Mikey's fights are very technically sound. Raph probably has the worst, since by the 3rd season all he really does is throw his sais at the enemies. Idiot.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
For my money the big episode long fight between Leonardo and ENTIRE FREAKIN' FOOT CLAN trumps all....
Oh yeah that's true.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #5
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
WIN.

I'd say Leo had the best fight scenes, mostly because the writers seemed to always make him go one-on-one with the villain at some point in the fight and deliver the critical blow.

But, animation-wise, many of Mikey's fights are very technically sound. Raph probably has the worst, since by the 3rd season all he really does is throw his sais at the enemies. Idiot.
Yup and I like it how they always had Donny be the one that was always in trouble in his fights.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
If I had a pizza for every time Raphie threw his sais at an enemy...I'd weight 500 pounds.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Yup and I like it how they always had Donny be the one that was always in trouble in his fights.
I also like how a couple different occasions Don tried to do fight moves he saw in movies and failed

I have to agree Leo had the best fight scenes.... other then his massive take on the whole Foot organization fights his fight with the Rat King in "I, Monster" is in my opinion one of the best of the series.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Donnie shouldn't be discounted so quickly. He held his own quite well on several occasions. I'm surprised he wasn't emotionally crippled though, since so much crap happened to the poor guy.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
tmnt8
Mouser
 
tmnt8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
well most of the time leo gets the best of all so leo has the best scene he always gets the best of every one
tmnt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Leo had the best fight scenes. though i did like the part where Don tried to the Matrix move and failed poor Don.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
For my money the big episode long fight between Leonardo and ENTIRE FREAKIN' FOOT CLAN trumps all....
I was thinking of the Leo and Shredder fight scene in return to NY.
But Leo's fight against the foot was pretty epic.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:44 PM   #12
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
numchuck
Really?!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #13
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Donnie shouldn't be discounted so quickly. He held his own quite well on several occasions. I'm surprised he wasn't emotionally crippled though, since so much crap happened to the poor guy.
I know right? especially after being sent to that dystopian future and turning Chimera. sheesh.
Mikey had some good ones, but Leo had more. Mikey vs Kluh was awesome.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #14
tmnt8
Mouser
 
tmnt8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10
yeah exactly what i said
tmnt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:56 AM   #15
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Donnie shouldn't be discounted so quickly. He held his own quite well on several occasions. I'm surprised he wasn't emotionally crippled though, since so much crap happened to the poor guy.
Agreed!

More characters needed.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #16
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
I think the best fight scenes were the Shredder Strikes Back - Part One Leo and Foot fight and the Exodus - Part Two turtles-Splinter-Karai-Ch'Rell fight.

Mikey didn't have too many fight scenes where it was just him. The only one I can remember is him fighting Cyber-Shredder and in one minute defeating him by essentially shoving him into electricity. Which is a lame way to end an episode.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #17
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Mikey had some good fight scenes, but I'd have to say that Leo had the best ones. The fight with the Foot was really good as was the fights he had in The Ancient One, especially with that rock monster who showed him flashbacks. That was powerfully done.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I think the best fight scenes were the Shredder Strikes Back - Part One Leo and Foot fight and the Exodus - Part Two turtles-Splinter-Karai-Ch'Rell fight.

Mikey didn't have too many fight scenes where it was just him. The only one I can remember is him fighting Cyber-Shredder and in one minute defeating him by essentially shoving him into electricity. Which is a lame way to end an episode.
Mikey had some good fight in the Battle Nexus
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #19
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Ah, that's right!

I'll have to re-watch those, since the only ones I can remember are Splinter surrenduring and Mikey stepping away from Raph constantly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #20
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
I am pretty sure there more. He did have some interesting fights as Turtle Titans! lol
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.