The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Saki's relationship to Yoshi or Foot Hierarchy in the Nick TMNT show

Ok, so what exactly do you think they'll do with the relationship between Saki and Yoshi in the new series? I see that some people seem to see it as a "mutation" (pardon the pun) of the original comic book origin and the FW origin, where Nagi is killed by Yoshi after he nearly rapes Tang Shen(that would soooo have to be toned down for a kids show.), the mother of his child, and Saki vows vengeance and "kills" Yoshi, but Yosi survives. Yoshi flees to NY where he is mutated. But to me that begs questions:
  1. What is Yoshi's place with in the Foot clan? Is he a shidoshi, master teacher and leader, or just a rank and file Foot Soldier?
  2. Will the basis for Saki's hatred for Yoshi be revenge for Nagi, or ambition to take the Foot Clan from Yoshi?
  3. Is Saki necessarily evil? People would say, "Heck, yes!" but listen. Saki's brother was killed...when he was a kid. The Oroku family honor would probably demand the life of Yoshi who scurried away to New York. Sure Saki's bitterness and hatred for Yoshi festered and messed with his character, but Yoshi's hands aren't clean either...at least in the Mirage continuity, everywhere else he's as pure as the wind driven snow.
    I'd love to see the Turtle show show Saki's sensi trying to tell him that his hatred of Yoshi will prove his undoing, since I see his teacher as a wise man, who senses in his student such bitterness, and attempts to help, only to be spurned by Saki's hardened heart. Maybe I ought to try my hand at a fan fic...
  4. How will Yoshi's daughter play into this? I feel that Saki raising her himself, would be the ultimate way of sticking it to Yoshi, even after he's "dead." Destroying Yoshi's offspring with his own "evil" would be an awesome catalyst for the show as a whole, in my opinion. Yoshi finds that she is alive and tries to save her from the Shredder. A very "Nature vs. Nurture" aspect...heck they could title an episode that.
  5. Once Saki's out of the picture what of the NY Foot Clan then? Who leads them? Since Hamato Yoshi is alive, could he fill that void? Would Hama-doe Jane, the Shredder's "daughter"? Would the "real" Karai?
That's all the questions I can think of as of now. I hope this spurs some discussion, but remember most of this is pure speculation.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 04-17-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
I know splinter will be human in this... Silly question, is it confirmed Yoshi will be Splinter or will splinter be another human and Yoshi his master?
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I was totally just gonna say, "Of course he's Yoshi!" but I you know, I don't know if it was spelled out, just assumed.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
From what I've read from the fan event, Yoshi will be human and will turn into Splinter via the ooze.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Just saying they "could" do something different where Splinter is an actual student of Yoshi. Yoshi is slain...and Splinter grows to hate Shredder...yada yada.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
That makes some sense...But I'm sure it'll be Hamato Yoshi...fairly sure that is...

Can we get back to the topic?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
not a fan of villain raising the presumed dead hero's offspring, it feels overused. I hope they can incorporate in Nagi and that thing
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
77 views and 7 posts?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #9
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Okay quick stab at this in between homework just for you Jester

It would be cool to throw back to the Nagi event but that might get complicated for a kids show, especially the part about Shen, it would definitely have to be edited.

I am thinking he wants to take everything from Yoshi... Maybe Yoshi and Saki are just ridiculously competitive. (This makes me think of Tales of Yoshi, but switch the funny hair kid with Saki) Or it is Nagi and he gets killed, it gets blamed on Yoshi and Saki vows to his family to avenge him

Events lead to Yoshi fleeing to America and there wants to start new but goes so far to start a new clan himself. Saki makes it to America and finds out what he is doing and is angry because he was dishonored in Japan and fled yet he is in America teaching their old ways which he would not have a right to anymore.(In Saki's eyes anyway)

Maybe Saki steals Yoshi's new American students and makes them Foot

Yoshi has to go into hiding from them in the sewers...Mutation occurs

I don't have any thoughts on the daughter thing... yet
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Thanks Tini.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #11
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
I try to be helpful haha
Maybe I will think of more when I am procrastinating on my homework tonight too
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I'm shocked..."Why is Baxter's motivation so poor?" has more posts than this.....
I need a hug. Maybe I should post a new thread asking how Nick will portray Donatello? Will they make him smart, or what?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm shocked..."Why is Baxter's motivation so poor?" has more posts than this.....
I need a hug. Maybe I should post a new thread asking how Nick will portray Donatello? Will they make him smart, or what?
LOL poor jester

IDK Having saki raise Yoshi's daughter is too obvious for my taste they would have to do something pretty awesome if they went that route.
If saki killed here I think it would be interesting if Yoshi would struggle with his thirst for vengence and his sense of honor.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
True...which makes me wonder again if Yoshi will be a single father and in this universe Teng Shen is his...gulp...daughter.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:01 AM   #15
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Don't worry Jester, I just saw this now! Haha. To the topic, I think whichever way they go with Splinter's past/his daughter it is going to be rather "shell-shocking" (pun intended) because nothing like this (seemingly) has been done before to Splinter. It seems that on the whole, our good Rat Sensei hasn't been messed around with much: he's usually just the old, small but dangerous, Yoda type. Except maybe in Archie? I'm not too familiar with Archie, even though I have half the series...I should read those again soon!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:20 AM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I just see it as a massive story gold mine. Which is great for a series that will run for 150 episodes, like the sage CyberCubed predicts.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:00 AM   #17
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I just see it as a massive story gold mine. Which is great for a series that will run for 150 episodes, like the sage CyberCubed predicts.


It definitely makes for an incredible story arc, one that can span out for many episodes and establish its own legendarium, even!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm shocked..."Why is Baxter's motivation so poor?" has more posts than this.....
I need a hug. Maybe I should post a new thread asking how Nick will portray Donatello? Will they make him smart, or what?
Probably because half of the Baxter thread is just a majority of us rolling our eyes??

I will be honest with you Jester you made such a quality thread here I have been wanting to actually sit down and give it the time it deserves to reply to it!

1&2) I am going to kind of combine the first two questions together I do hope they go with the Nagi storyline. Though obviously toned down because it be for a kids show, but I think they have an excellent avenue to really make the entire backbone of this cartoon about family. Kind of the original comic story only with it added that Yoshi also has a tiny daughter that is murdered which to me would make the whole event 100% times more tragic. Maybe instead of just fleeing to America to escape the Foot Yoshi flees because he can't deal with what his life is now.

So when he mutates and finds the guys naturally clicks into "father" mode because he is still in pain from losing his daughter and that makes Splinter's bond to the Turtles that much stronger and will also make him extremely over protective of them (as he doesn't want to lose his second family)

I think it would actually be interesting if that make Yoshi this like almost prodigy, young rising quickly through the ranks of the Foot and serving under Nagi. That way it is like the most EXTREME insult that he kills his Master and that is why the Foot turn their back on him and Saki sees it as the most vile and baseless act.

3) I would actually like to see Saki have started out as a really good kid and bitterness and hatred twist him into basically an amoral criminal (maybe too deep of a life lesson for kids?? I don't think so personally) He gets so consumed with revenge that he starts to lose focus on everything else. I think he would be interesting if he decides to work with the Kraang even against the Foot Clan's wishes. Because I would like to see the Foot portrayed as a shady kind of organization but not really 100% bad and NOT completely controlled by Shredder.

4) I personally would like to see Yoshi's daughter having died at the hands of Nagi. It fuels Splinter's over protective nature for his new family and also makes Saki's revenge tainted, so that he doesn't have these pure motives of avenging his brother.

5) I really like the idea personally of the Foot NOT wanting Saki to work with the Kraang and them sending Karai over to NYC to try to sort out the mess Shredder has made. Then Karai could truly be a "Mirage" version of her character. Not good, not evil. Sometimes helping the Turtles, but still walking this line that you are not certain what she is doing behind the scenes; but unlike 4Kids Karai always faithful first and foremost to the Foot and their mission.

And that's it
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #19
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I like it simply how it is. I know that kids aren't stupid, but I like the more simple idea of, "Yoshi and Saki are rivals. Something happens and they fight. Saki thinks he killed Yoshi. Yoshi uses this as an opportunity to go into hiding while reluctantly leaving his family behind."

It's just kinda neat!
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Man FearlessLeader...that bowls me over. I loved that thought line. I could see that and enjoy it as well. Nick really has fertile ground to tell some great Turtle stories if they are so inclined.

I do have one question: How do you think Teng Shen will play into this? If they "modify" it to make her Yoshi's daughter and not his lover, would that "tone it down" or would that make it even more sick?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.