The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Your favorite TMNT Lair (Home)

Which TMNT lair (Home) was your favorite. They moved quite a bit...we all know all the different ones they had. I tried to find any pictures I could to help break them apart. Some aren't so good...so if anyone can find a better picture, please assist if you can. So here is what we have.

Their FIRST home.



We only really saw this home briefly on the first episode. We also saw a few flash back episodes as well. They spent most of there life here


The Crystal home (Y’Lyntian Lair)



I'm not sure what you want to call this home, but it was the main one that was used in the entire series until Karai came in and destroyed it.

Season 4-5 Home (The Pumping Station)



After Karai destroyed there Lair Leo went out and found a new home.


BTTS (Pumping station revamped)



It's the same home from Season 4 but Don did a complete makeover of it.

So what are your thoughts of there lairs? Which ones were you favorite and why? Discuss.

Last edited by k_lala; 05-30-2011 at 08:15 AM.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
My favorite is the crystal home. I think the reason why is because it was their home in the early days when the show was most popular.

What about their home from Fast Forward, the only home that wasn't destroyed?
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
My favorite is the crystal home. I think the reason why is because it was their home in the early days when the show was most popular.

What about their home from Fast Forward, the only home that wasn't destroyed?
Hmm that's a good point...should I include that? I guess the reason i didn't was it technically wasn't their home and it wasn't a sewer?
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Hmm that's a good point...should I include that? I guess the reason i didn't was it technically wasn't their home and it wasn't a sewer?
I think you should. They lived in 2105 for about a year, and that's a pretty long time, so I'd consider it a home.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
It's not a lair. Neither is April's apartment, where they also stayed for a while.
I got the impression this was a sewer (lair) only thread.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
The E'lyntian Outpost, or the crystal lair, was my favorite out of all of them. It was the best in my opinion.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #7
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's not a lair. Neither is April's apartment, where they also stayed for a while.
I got the impression this was a sewer (lair) only thread.
Yeah that's why i didn't put it...but i did because of the request....plus I don't know, its something they didn't build themselves where as the others they did. I like the Crystal lair as well, it had everything. I thought the season 4-5 home was great as well. It had a lot of potential but i didn't see it enough. I didn't like the BTTS version, it didn't look anything like what it was before and I didn't like the huge swimming pool in the middle.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
My prefer was "the First home"...more similar to a decorate sewer.... and the "comic" Lair...
...Anyway I get use to the Crystal home....even IMO it have to much technology for a Lair....well ...alien technology ...
BTTS Lair is too much even for Don working during 17 years 24 hours per day!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:18 AM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I liked the Elentian home as well as the pumping station. As for the FF home, that isn't their Lair. The picure you have of the turtle shell is actually the robo dojo they use to practice. Their home in that universe was Cody's penthouse.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
I took out the FF home since it wasn't theres.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
The first lair is the most sewer feel, but the Crystal Lair was the most awesome lair by far! imo
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #12
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I liked the first lair, but it seemed a little empty. Was never a big fan of the lair they found. The next ones were improvements upon the one they had for the majority of the series.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
all of them seem pretty cool lookin
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,180
My favorite was the sewer home that was done away with in the first episode...after that I liked S4/5 since it at least felt more "realistic".

I hated the crystal home, it did grow on me after a while but I still prefer an abandoned place being made home by the turtles instead of this super high tech "oh its all already there" they did with it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:16 AM   #15
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
Wow i'm surprised most of the votes went for the first one when we barely even saw it. I wonder what Lair the turtles are in now since there latest one got destroyed yet again.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #16
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I liked the lair that had all the crystals and the elevator that went up to that warehouse on the corner of Eastman and Laird. Cool reference!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
cofi
Random Punk
 
cofi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 17
All lairs are cool but The Crystal home (Y’Lyntian Lair) is the best.
cofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:30 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Probably the Y’Lyntian Lair, if only because it's the one they lived in the longest.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #19
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
MY personal fave Lair is the Y'Lintian one (the SECOND one), followed closely by the one they made in the old pumps station.

As to their first, original one, I never got to SEE enough of it to form an opinion. And where the BttS (revamped pump station) one was concerned, it was okay, but it just didn't have the involved history to it that the second lair did. (Which is basically why the SECOND Lair is the one that will be/is being the one most used for my current Biker Mice/TMNT crossover fanfic/fancomic. MIGHT throw the pump station in later, but THAT will all depend on how the storyline in my fic goes later one. We'll see.)

Btw, THIS one:



is going to be gracing my comp's monitor as a wallpaper until someone can come up with a large, high-res, VERY clear pic of the second lair (with NO text OR characters on it, please) to take it's place.

(This will ALSO be great for my collection of Lair art reference pics for my drawing stuff.)
__________________
Brother against brother...........

Last edited by Whitewolf89; 08-17-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #20
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Definitely the crystal lair.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.