The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #1
SuperIronRobo
New Recruit
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3
No Usagi for this series?

Will this be the only TMNT toon without Usagi? probably WAY to early to tell.
SuperIronRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIronRobo View Post
Will this be the only TMNT toon without Usagi? probably WAY to early to tell.
Indeed. I'd love to see Usagi, and we really have no way of knowing if Stan will sign off on his use, yet.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Would the Nick writers even ask Stan? I imagine not.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Would the Nick writers even ask Stan? I imagine not.
Then the episode wouldn't get made...they would need Stan's approval to use Usagi.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
ChetTurtle
Foot Soldier
 
ChetTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Heidelberg, Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 127
Usagi's been in almost every media apart from movies right? It would be good to keep him for "continuity". (Not that I want it to be the same as other series)
__________________
"Oh man! I slept on my hand and it go numb and hit my face and I thought some body slapped me! Don't ya hate that?"-Michaelangelo, The Shredder Strikes Back Part 1


ChetTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #6
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetTurtle View Post
Usagi's been in almost every media apart from movies right? It would be good to keep him for "continuity". (Not that I want it to be the same as other series)
I think "tradition" is a more fitting word than "continuity" here.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetTurtle View Post
Usagi's been in almost every media apart from movies right? It would be good to keep him for "continuity". (Not that I want it to be the same as other series)
He wasn't in the Archie series either.

He was in the original cartoon, 4kids cartoon, and Mirage comics.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Usagi is pretty awesome I doubt if he will be in this series though jst bc Nick is really trying to make this a completely different series set apart from the others.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #9
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
You know in complete honesty I would rather see Usagi make a cameo in the new comic series at one point, then the new cartoon.

With Peter out of the picture though and Stan being such a good friend of his, it makes me doubt either will happen
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
ChetTurtle
Foot Soldier
 
ChetTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Heidelberg, Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I think "tradition" is a more fitting word than "continuity" here.
You're right.
__________________
"Oh man! I slept on my hand and it go numb and hit my face and I thought some body slapped me! Don't ya hate that?"-Michaelangelo, The Shredder Strikes Back Part 1


ChetTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #11
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
hey fearlessleader, don't worry man!
I am a member of the usagi yojimbo dojo and stan said already that he was asked to contribute something to the new idw comic series, maybe a one-shot or something of that matter was what stan guessed...so there is reason to look forward for this matter
of course I wouldn't know if in case stan really makes a one shot that he will automaticly bring myamoto usagi into that story but...let's just wait and see...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #12
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hey fearlessleader, don't worry man!
I am a member of the usagi yojimbo dojo and stan said already that he was asked to contribute something to the new idw comic series, maybe a one-shot or something of that matter was what stan guessed...so there is reason to look forward for this matter
of course I wouldn't know if in case stan really makes a one shot that he will automaticly bring myamoto usagi into that story but...let's just wait and see...
thats pretty cool.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hey fearlessleader, don't worry man!
I am a member of the usagi yojimbo dojo and stan said already that he was asked to contribute something to the new idw comic series, maybe a one-shot or something of that matter was what stan guessed...so there is reason to look forward for this matter
of course I wouldn't know if in case stan really makes a one shot that he will automaticly bring myamoto usagi into that story but...let's just wait and see...
Thank you SO much for this information!!!

This brought a huge smile to my face!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #14
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,221
I love IDW!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:45 PM   #15
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Sweet! I really oughtta go to the dojo more often, I always forget to despite having an account there.

On a somewhat related note, I asked Dooney if he'd be down to do the occasional variant cover or pinup & he said he'd love to. So maybe we can find a way to link IDW up with him too seeing how he's in the top 3 fan favorites list.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #16
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
On a somewhat related note, I asked Dooney if he'd be down to do the occasional variant cover or pinup & he said he'd love to. So maybe we can find a way to link IDW up with him too seeing how he's in the top 3 fan favorites list.
To the IDW forums!!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #17
Sinister Shogun
Random Punk
 
Sinister Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 35
I sure hope usagi does show up, maybe the turtles will stumble upon a furries convention lol
Sinister Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #18
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hey fearlessleader, don't worry man!
I am a member of the usagi yojimbo dojo and stan said already that he was asked to contribute something to the new idw comic series, maybe a one-shot or something of that matter was what stan guessed...so there is reason to look forward for this matter
of course I wouldn't know if in case stan really makes a one shot that he will automaticly bring myamoto usagi into that story but...let's just wait and see...

Great piece of news there Marcelangelo! Thanks for sharing!

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #19
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
stan said already that he was asked to contribute something to the new idw comic series...
Great news!! I look forward to seeign what it is; hope it's not just a pin-up but another crossover adventure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I asked Dooney if he'd be down to do the occasional variant cover or pinup & he said he'd love to...
I've often wondered how many people picked up an issue of Volume 4 based on the cover art and experienced the visual shock when they opened the page.

EDIT: I thought I was in the Comic Section reading this...
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #20
tmntgoldcoin
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 622
I hope to see usagi. He seems to go hand-in-hand with TMNT.
tmntgoldcoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.