The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
This has been going through my mind right now...

Since we all know Nick is now in control of TMNT and the cartoon recordings start tomorrow as Jester posted from Rob's Twitter. Do you think they are making it too overboard with the whole ninja thing on there now? Like it seems to me that they are making so many shows ninja related; by the time TMNT airs I have a feeling that people would get sick of seeing another "ninja" show.

It's just that feeling was going through my mind and I wonder if anyone else is feeling the same way.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
This has been going through my mind right now...
Pick a tense and stick to it!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
What other shows on Nickelodeon have ninja in it?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
What other shows on Nickelodeon have ninja in it?
Supah' Ninjas...

It's pretty sh*tty IMO.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Avatar was martial artsy right? Also they'll have Kung Fu Panda, which is ninja-esque. Not to mention Power Rangers & DBZ. Lots of fightin'.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I think a better thread would be Nick seems to be trying to build up an action block. They also had the new X-men cartoon for a while.

There really aren't that many action/superhero shows on TV anymore. Almost all of them have either been canceled a while ago or are ending.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Nick is also making a new Avatar series I would say Nick is building more of an action block than anything

Nick has
TMNT
Avatar:Legend of Korra
Supah Bitches....Supah Ninjas
DBZ Kia
Kung Fu Panda
Power Rangers
X-men????? Someone said X-men???? Really?????
Naruto Shippuden???? I am not sure I heard it was bought by Nick from Disney

I am not sure if I would consider Kung Fu Panda an action show I would consider it more along the lines of Penguins of Madagascar

But if this is true I would give the block a solid 8 has the potential to be a 9 or even 10
The reason only 8 is bc TMNT, Avatar, and Kung Fu Panda have not premeired yet so I will wait and see. But Naruto, DBZ are both awesome...Power Rangers I havent cared for them sense Mighty Morphin. But looks like Nick is putting together a Hell of a line regardless.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
I love the TMNT, and I can't wait for them to come on Nickelodeon! Once they do, they are going to kick those "Supah Ninjas" out of there! I hate that show. The first time I saw it, I was like, "But the turtles are coming next year! What is this?!" So I'm hoping Supah Ninjas gets cancelled, so the "Turtle Ninjas" can save Nickelodeon! Face it, SpongeBob cannot be the only show to do that.

I love the The Penguins, and I love the Last Airbender. Not too crazy for Dragon Ball Z. Also, didn't that X-Men show come off the air? Kung Fu Panda: I have no idea what it's going to be like, but I guarantee it won't be as big as TMNT. Last but not least: Power Rangers Samurai. Oh my gosh! I hate this show! I can't say Power Rangers had 17 or more seasons, because to me, they're just different Power Rangers. It just doesn't fit. I swear, Disney should have Power Rangers again, so Marvel can go back to where it was.

Still, I'm serious. Sulu may be the only thing that could get people through "Supah Ninjas." However, once those Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles come out to play, they are going to take them down. Even the Shredder is going to top over those cheesy villains. Hope for the future.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:23 PM   #9
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
My inner child is gonna be so confused if Nick ends up airing TMNT, Power Rangers, and Voltron all at the same time.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:27 AM   #10
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Supah Ninjas looks so stupid, but I'm hoping TMNT will wipe them off the floor. I don't think people will get tired of ninja shows, but if they do, that's their problem. I'm going to watch TMNT and give it a chance.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
FlippytheMaster
Random Punk
 
FlippytheMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 47
I think Nick is just trying to build up an action block in order to compete with Cartoon Network, which has an entire DC block now, and Disney, which has Marvel. In all actuality, I think this is great! Because of the competition we get way more (hopefully) good action shows! So no matter which company wins, the fans are truly the ones who win in this situation.
FlippytheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I think that's what they're trying to do, too. Either way, it's a good thing because fans can just tune in to the shows they like and ignore the rest.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #13
voltron80
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 241
Can't wait til next year a new TMNT series on Nick and Ultimate Spider-Man on XD I just hope they don't run the shows on the same night. BTW if you have time swing by Netflix's Facebook and start asking them to consider putting up the '87 or the 2k3 TMNT series up on instant watch. Since they got all 18 seasons of Power Rangers up maybe they should show TMNT fans some love.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
Well it wasn't Nick that put up Power Rangers on Netflix, it was a deal between Saban and Netflix so who knows, does Nick have other old shows streaming on Netflix? I know Nicktoons was supposed to air re-runs of the 700 episode library of Power Rangers since last Fall but it never happened, last year we all figured old PRs and the 2k3 show would re-run on Nicktoons but Nick even though they could has yet to do it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:59 PM   #15
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
its crazy time is flying and soon the new turtles will be in and out the door.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #16
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
I must be in a minority here but I actually like Supah Ninjas. It's not BTR or iCarly but it definitely beats House of Anubus.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #17
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
You forgot about the new Voltron force cartoon.Though its on Nicktoons.I hope the new TMNT series will be on the basic Nickelodeon.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #18
voltron80
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well it wasn't Nick that put up Power Rangers on Netflix, it was a deal between Saban and Netflix so who knows, does Nick have other old shows streaming on Netflix? I know Nicktoons was supposed to air re-runs of the 700 episode library of Power Rangers since last Fall but it never happened, last year we all figured old PRs and the 2k3 show would re-run on Nicktoons but Nick even though they could has yet to do it.
Netflix has a Nick section listed in Children and Family part it's a mixed of old school shows like Ren and Stimpy, stuff you see on Nick Jr. and some of the stuff they have now(expect Supah Ninjas and that boy band show). I'll tell ya if Netflix puts up either or both series up dude I'm having an all weekend TMNT marathon.

A side note if you got an Next Mutation itch the cross over episode of Power Rangers space or Power Rangers in Space and the Next Mutation is there.
voltron80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #19
xZAOx
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 842
What's been going through my mind is that every episode will be like this:

Leo: OH NO, THE SHREDDER IS ATTACKING
Leo: QUICK, THROW SOME APPLE PIE ON HIM AND LETS **** HIM
Don: Dammit Leo, that's your solution to everything. Throw pie on it and **** it.

Raph: I can't carry the pie, Mister Leo...but I can carry you!
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
What's been going through my mind is that every episode will be like this:

Leo: OH NO, THE SHREDDER IS ATTACKING
Leo: QUICK, THROW SOME APPLE PIE ON HIM AND LETS **** HIM
Don: Dammit Leo, that's your solution to everything. Throw pie on it and **** it.

Raph: I can't carry the pie, Mister Leo...but I can carry you!
I get the joke. The pie from American Pie: Jason Biggs. Don acting like a sarcastic smartass: Rob Paulsen. Raph's line that makes fun of Lord of the Rings: Sean Astin. You should have had Mike say the first line like he was Beast Boy or something. I don't get why Leo has 2 lines.

I like the joke, but I doubt that will happen.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.