The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Licensing Show TMNT pic

I am at the Licensing Expo and stepped over an interesting floormat! Hope this works - tried to post it six times from my iPhone!

If someone can edit this for me so it shows the photo I'd appreciate it!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...f3&id=25113630

EDIT: Okay guys, I'm home! I blew the pics up and adjusted the contrast a little, if anyone wants a better look. I like the designs more and more each time I see them.




Last edited by cartoonistaaron; 06-18-2011 at 09:56 PM.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938


You're welcome.

Looks like the bandannas are different lengths. Neat.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Uggggg.....three freakin toes...I simply don't get it.

At least the new comics are sticking to 2 toes. I don't get why Nick is sticking to this change. Make no sense - in fact, it makes their feet and footprint appear to be completely round. The rest of the look is, alright though. Better than the first glimpse we got of them, imo.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Also, it appears that the heads are still a bit too round for my taste....though It's really hard to tell what the final look will be from a still shot.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Animation looks better
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I do like the overall look of the turtles but...

Nick, if your people are reading this- GET RID OF THE THIRD TOE YOU F**KING SCHMUCKS.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I do like the overall look of the turtles but...

Nick, if your people are reading this- GET RID OF THE THIRD TOE YOU F**KING SCHMUCKS.
^ Hahha Seriously though, wtf???? I don't dig the wraps or the lack of muscle tone, but I can definitely deal with them. Overall, they still look like the TMNT....but that toe is border line flabbergasting to me.

I mean - look at the new comic (in Powder's sig) - There is a perfect compromise in giving the show a "new" look that Nick wants, but still being true to every previous incarnation.
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Animation looks better
IT'S A STILL PICTURE, MORON. Jesus.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:04 PM   #9
FlippytheMaster
Random Punk
 
FlippytheMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 47
I dig the wraps, and I assume the lack of muscle tone is to streamline the animation a bit, but I agree, that third toe has me floored. I mean, what's the reason for it? It's a minor change to be sure, but one that just doesn't seem to have any proper logic behind it.
FlippytheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
It's there to drive us mad, MAD I TELL YOU!!!

This is how I see the third toe:

Ever travel? Spend all day knowing you forgot to pack something? Ever feel relieved when you discover what it is you know you forgot because then at least you can stop wondering about it?

That's how I feel about this third toe.
I'm choosing to believe that this third toe is going to be the ONLY thing I'm going to dislike about this show, and I'm choosing to feel relieved about already knowing what that thing is.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Thanks for sharing!

Ugh, third toe.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #12
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
perhaps....PERHAPS - in Nicks decision to go with a "younger, more true to life teenager" angle for this show, the 3rd toe is something the guys have from birth....and as the show progresses and the guys grow up a bit and become more mature, it drops off as some sort of cycle of puberty?!?!?









...........perhaps? Ok - I admit it. I'm desperate for a logical explanation of this damned 3rd toe and willing to accept just about ANY explanation that results in the elimination of it. Is there some sort of # we can call to demand they fix this? lol
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #13
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
Enough whining about the 3rd toe guys. I get it, it seems pointless but their feet are very round and stylized, so you can hardly tell it's there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Looks like the bandannas are different lengths. Neat.
That is a neat touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Animation looks better
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #14
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Thanks Cure! The iPhone sucks for posting pics to these types of forums.

I think the models look pretty good compared to earlier pictures. The third toe is odd but the pads and bandages look better and the heads don't look as rounded as they did before.

If I see any other TMNT stuff while I'm here I'll snag photos.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #15
1984TMNT
Stone Warrior
 
1984TMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 566
Awesome, thanks Cartoonistaaron!!! I was just wondering if they had anything else at the show. Have you been by the booth # that is written on the TMNT floormat? Wonder if they have any other sneak peeks there?
__________________
Try to rely on YOUR, Turtle Power!

1984TMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:30 PM   #16
FlippytheMaster
Random Punk
 
FlippytheMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Right behind you.
Posts: 47
I don't suppose we'll be getting any pics of the TOYS at the Licensing Show, will we? So far all I've seen are descriptions of them and from all of the positive things I've heard I'm really curious.
FlippytheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #17
TMNT_Master
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TMNT_Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 30
Hey guys,

I tried to distort the image so it was a little more straight on so we could see Donatello & Mikey a bit better.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
TMNT_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #18
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Looks pretty neat. They look a bit like they are made out of plasticine or something - which I kinda dig. Gotta ask though, what is up with Raph and Don's eyes? Crossed much?
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #19
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Pupils need to go. Third toe needs to go too.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Extra toes aside, I really like the design of the Nick Turtles.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.