The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
So does "The Kraang" prevent the "real" Krang from showing up?

From the info given, "The Kraang" are a collective similar to the Borg from Star Trek, or the Reapers from Mass Effect. They are treated as one entity where they all share thoughts assumingly.

If that's the case, I assume there will be no, "The" Krang in the show. The only way I can see it happening is if later on they find out there is an overall leader of "The Kraang" and then "THE" Krang shows up.

Since the Kraang will probably be similar to the Utroms only evil, it kind of disappoints me if we won't have the evil brain from Dimension X in this show. Maybe they can introduce him as the leader later on?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Krang's one of those elements of the OT that really added to the overall charm of that show, but it didn't really make him a major staple in TMNT lore.

So yeah, I dig the shout-out but I see no need for a contemporary Krang in this new show.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:10 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Yeah, it basically sounds like The Kraang are just evil Utroms with longer tentacles.

Makes me wonder if the Utroms themselves will be introduced later on too, as a "good" parallel to the Krang. If that happens I can see the whole Fugitoid and Triceraton arc being thrown in.

I kind of hope we do see Krang though, as the "leader" later on in some form.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
"In a word...YES!" - Raph April's Artifact

This is, for better or worse, Krang in this show. Get used to it!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 07-23-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I'm actually beginning to realize the Nick show doesn't seem to be using any Fred Wolf elements at all. As far as we know:

- There is no Technodrome
- There is no "the" Krang, the warlord from Dimension X
- No confirmation of Bebop/Rocksteady
- Baxter is confirmed black, and he seems similar to Mirage/4kids Baxter

About the only old toon element they kept is Splinter actually is Hamato Yoshi again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
- There is no Technodrome
- There is no "the" Krang, the warlord from Dimension X
- No confirmation of Bebop/Rocksteady
- Baxter is confirmed black, and he seems similar to Mirage/4kids Baxter
Good. This is all glorious.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #7
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Well they are using toon colors (not only for the turtles but Shredder as well), & personalities (to an extent, from what I can gather).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
There's never been any reason to expect Fred Wolf Krang to show up in this series.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Well there's never been any indication Bebop/Rocksteady will show up either, but I see no reason for them to *not* use them. Its not like PL is holding them back like with 4kids.

Using popular well-known characters generally makes sense.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
According to this interview, Leatherhead and Metalhead are confirmed:

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...-creative-team

Leatherhead was expected, but Metalhead? I would have thought they'd do their own robot Turtle, like the 4kids series did with the Evil Turtlebot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Scumbug_Rob
Thug
 
Scumbug_Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
According to this interview, Leatherhead and Metalhead are confirmed:

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...-creative-team

Leatherhead was expected, but Metalhead? I would have thought they'd do their own robot Turtle, like the 4kids series did with the Evil Turtlebot.
I didnt read the interview are they going to be staple characters or just make 1 appearance?.
Scumbug_Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Well I hope to see some familiar old characters, even if of course they'll be their own unique takes on them. New villains are fine too.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Old Hob winds up making a cartoon debut later on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
According to this interview, Leatherhead and Metalhead are confirmed:

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...-creative-team

Leatherhead was expected, but Metalhead? I would have thought they'd do their own robot Turtle, like the 4kids series did with the Evil Turtlebot.
That's so sick, I've always been a huge fan of Metalhead. Of course I like Leatherhead too but MH is a surprise!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I just heard that The Kraang has threatened to kill Krang's poodle if he even shows up to the set. That's pretty messed up.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #15
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
The fact that they are calling The Kraang The Kraang is a good enough reference to the OT Krang for me. He was an awesome character from that show, but maybe some things should just stay exclusive to a certain interpretation or else it loses it's charm.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Well IDW certainly isn't shy about using Krang...apparently.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #17
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
According to this interview, Leatherhead and Metalhead are confirmed:

http://www.toonzone.net/news/article...-creative-team

Leatherhead was expected, but Metalhead? I would have thought they'd do their own robot Turtle, like the 4kids series did with the Evil Turtlebot.
Hey maybe he means Justice Force Metalhead? Though I doubt it. Also what the heck is "The Return of the Orc" series?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 AM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Also what the heck is "The Return of the Orc" series?
Doncha remember The Turtles' adventures in Middle Earth?? O_o
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:08 AM   #19
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Hey maybe he means Justice Force Metalhead? Though I doubt it. Also what the heck is "The Return of the Orc" series?
Ciro was talking about Return to New York lol. The interviewer screwed up big time.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #20
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Doncha remember The Turtles' adventures in Middle Earth?? O_o
That was the best part of the series! Esepcially when Harry potter and He-Man showed up and defeated the evil forces of Cobra so the fellowship of the Turtles could continue with their mission.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.