The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Cipes,Biggs,Astin big TMNT fans?

I was wondering how they got Shaun Astin and Jason Biggs to voice 2 the of the guys.Gregg Cipes has done voice work before that that's a given same with Rob Paulsen.I wonder if the other two where closeted TMNT fans.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Cipes & Biggs have already been said to be big fans, whereas Astin was too old for them but has appreciation for the series.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
I'm pretty sure everyone got the job by auditioning and getting hired based on the audition. Being a fan isn't required to get paid to do work, but as Powder said they are all fans on some level or other.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
LOL,true that.Just thought it was interesting that they got some big names for the series.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
I guess all must be some form of a fan if they auditioned for the gig. Maybe.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I thought Astin liked the OT series. He would've been young enough for it during "Turtle mania", wouldn't he? He can't be that old if Goonies is any indication (unless that movie is older than I realized ).
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
I guess all must be some form of a fan if they auditioned for the gig. Maybe.
Not a sure thing at all. Work is work. Although I do believe they are all sincere in saying that they are fans.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Not a sure thing at all. Work is work. Although I do believe they are all sincere in saying that they are fans.
Well, I didn't say it was a sure thing. That's why I put the ''maybe'' at the end of my sentence.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 AM   #9
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I'm sure Astin has appreciation for the show, but like Powder said, I'm sure he was too old for the show. The Goonies was released in 1985, I'm sure Sean was in his early teens about that time. And he was probably too busy hunting down One Eyed Willie's treasure. (sorry, had to go there)
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan
Cipes,Biggs,Astin big TMNT fans?
If they didn't at least pretend to be, in casting, they probably wouldn't have the job right now.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I think they all had an appreciation for the franchise to want to work on the show. If they didn't like it, why would they audition for it?
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
If they didn't like it, why would they audition for it?
Money. Duh.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.