The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Back to the Sewer: TMNT meets TRON?

I know I've been creating a lot of BttS specific threads of lats, but re-watching it is spuring me to think about it and in the episode I'm watching ATM, Virtual Reality Check, the Turtles' vehicles seemed to remind me of the light cycles from TRON. Heck, the whole basic premise is essentially TRON, with the Turtles getting digitized and going into a physical representation of the computer world.

Thoughts?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
It sure looks like the vehicles idea was inspired by TRON.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
O_o You act like you've never seen BttS before, Jest-ster.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
True...but at that time I hadn't seen TRON....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #5
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
True...but at that time I hadn't seen TRON....
You only watched Tron cause you found out Rob was in it didn't you?
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
GoongalaGoongala
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 34
Being a huge Tron fan, I absolutely loved Virtual Reality Check when I first saw it. That combined with the Tron teasers that were coming out around that time really got me amped up for Tron Legacy, which I enjoyed.
GoongalaGoongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.