The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
How do the worms work?

I'm not sure of how the worms in Rogue in the House can regenerate Ch'Rell's entire body if it was destroyed. It might have been a better idea if half of Ch'rell escaped through the portal and half didn't, and the worms regenerated that half.

I think I heard once that the worms were in the original comics. How did they work there?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
I like to think that Ch'rell was dead after the explosion in Secret Origins. And the worms produced a perfect clone of the original. As I've read, that's what the worms did in the comics.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
I like to think there is no clone, the one and only Ch'rell was regenerated somehow by the worms, maybe a part of him teleported before the explosion. I really don't like the idea that the original Ch'rell would be dead and gone forever for good. Maybe the worms attach to the remains and transform into tissue.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
AND!!!!! if they could make a new perfect copy of Ch'rell anytime....... why didn't Karai do so in season 4?
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
I don't know. If they had followed MY idea, everything would make sense.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 653
I'm in the "The Shredder died and his post 'City at War' self is a clone" camp.
My fanwank for the question of why Karai didn't re-clone the Shredder in season 4 is two-fold.

1) The technology and cell samples necessary to reconstitute him were seized and/or destroyed by Bishop and Stockman during the E.P.F. raid on Saki's mansion/HQ.

2) Karai didn't wish to reconstruct a Shredder 3.0 while there was still a possibility that the 2.0 version was still alive in space, figuring that she didn't suddenly want to have two versions on her hands.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
AND!!!!! if they could make a new perfect copy of Ch'rell anytime....... why didn't Karai do so in season 4?
Like I said, I haven't actually read the comics. But this is how one web site explains what happened in the comics. This is basically what I feel happened in the 4Kids version as well.....

"The Foot having a vast knowledge of both science and magic had worms, that adapt their own cells to whatever they feed upon. Feeding on the pieces of Oroku Saki they began to bond together to form a colony which repaired Saki's body resurrecting him from the dead. "

http://www.comicvine.com/shredder/29-42406/

So I don't think that they could've made another clone during season four without another dead Ch'rell to feed on.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,811
He's not a clone. Ch'rell is the one and only.

Why don't one of you ask PL on his blog to clear this up once and for all?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Watch the end of City at War part 3 Ch'rell said the biocytes were almost finished healing his flesh
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #10
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
What about the Shredder clones, the three armed ones and whatnot. If Shredder was not human what exactly where they clones off?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #11
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Ok, so perhaps "clone" might not be the correct term to describe his resurrection. However, I take it that he was dead. And the worms "resurrected" him the same way as I read that they did in the comics.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:02 AM   #12
TobTurn
Foot Soldier
 
TobTurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 153
I don't think it was a clone. That's because:

- 'The worms have almost finished healing my flesh. Soon, I will be myself again.'
- 'My recuperation is finally at an end.'

If it's a clone, his body doesn't need healing.
For something to heal, it needs to be injured.
Why would a NEW body be injured? Doesn't make sense.

And: soon, I will be myself AGAIN. If it's a clone, he can't be himself AGAIN, because he's not the original and has never been something else.
And doesn't 'recuperation' mean recovery?

I just really don't like the idea of the first, original Ch'rell being destroyed and defeated.
TobTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:27 AM   #13
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
I don't think the worms can bring Utroms back to life or clone them.

In the 2nd TMNT video game based on the 4kids series, Slashuur's family was destroyed. If the worms can bring dead utroms back to life or clone them, why didn't they do it with Slashuur's family? As for Ch'rell, he probably just got teleported when TCRI blew up and got injured.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.