The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is the best comic series in TMNT besides Mirage vol. 1?
Mirage Vol. 2 2 8.00%
Image (Vol. 3) 11 44.00%
Mirage Vol. 4 1 4.00%
Archie 10 40.00%
IDW 1 4.00%
Dan Berger's comic strip 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Favorite Comic series (besides Mirage Vol. 1)

I would just like to see what series is your personal favorite in the series. I'm of course signaling out Volume 1 since that is forever going to be the gold standard; leaving the other volumes going for second place. I'm going to go with the Archie series as it's inexpensive to collect and nicely mixes the FW and Mirage elements.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
You're missing some stuff:
Tales Vol. 1
Tales Vol. 2
Dream wave

Since Tales Vol. 2 isn't on there, I can't vote.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Every freakin' one of them!!!!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
How can we exclude one? Seems odd. I have been and always will be an Archie fanboy, though.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I'll vote in a few months, once we have an arc or two of the new IDW series. I don't expect it to beat out Mirage's Volume 1, but it has a chance of being my second favorite.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #6
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Vol. 3 is my favorite and will probably always be.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Volume 1 is my favorite, but seeing as how that was already taken into account...Volume 2, absolutely. Volume 4 would be close behind, if only if it was completed.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,210
My vote goes to Tales of the TMNT (to be specific, V. 2), but since it's not up there I went with the Image series.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #9
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Archie. There's a lot of nostalgia involved though, since that was the series I grew up with.

Still, reading it now it's still a very imaginative series, and it was great that it went in a different direction than the TV show. Other TV shows turned comics ended up being lousy carbon copies of the TV formula. Like the Power Rangers comics. Seriously, they were writing and drawing something that had the potential to be original. They weren't bound by having to work with stock footage. Yet they followed the same exact formula as the TV show in every issue.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
I voted for Archie since it's the only one I've read completely. (I know I'm a terrible fan). What I've read of volume 3 has been great. And what I've read of the other series' were pretty good too. I like where IDW looks like it's headed. It has a lot of potential and I'm excited to see where it ends up.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
Floatingyeti
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 44
I have to go with the Archie series. What makes its so special to me is because it almost feels like this well kept secret among fans. I don't mean it wasn't well known, it got a lot of exposure and had a long run, but only the die hard fans who stuck with it to the end knew how rich and well developed it became. How shocking and surprisingly deep some of the later material was to come out of a publisher like Archie, it was so unexpected.

If only the Archie series continuity could be continued in a new regular series or even a miniseries.

but what sucks is trying to describe how awesome this series was to a non tmnt comic fan, most people cant see past the publisher.
Floatingyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #12
Fantomex
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
I personally love the run that Image had with the turtles. I will always love Vol 1 the best, the Image run is so unique that it is definitely in my top, and this new IDW series is shaping up to be a pretty awesome reboot, and the fact that Kevin Eastman is involved gives me a lot of hope for it.
Fantomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
The Archie comics will always be my personal favorite universe!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.