The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
An interesting thing I noticed when rereading #1 today...

I thought I would share something I found interesting when I reread #1 of Vol. 1 today. When Splinter is revealing to the turtles their origin, he mentions that a year after they initially make contact with the ooze, they had reached their full (or current) size.

I'm definitely not trying to say this to defend what is being depicted so far in the IDW series, especially since I'm aware that even at full size, they still had about 13-14 years to train in the art of ninjutsu. I simply bring it up because we (including myself) tend to associate instant or quick mutation with the Fred Wolf cartoon when the original actually comic mutates them to full size in just a year. Interesting, when considering what seems to be happening now in the comics...
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Interesting point, Mr. Wayne...er....Malone. We never really know how long the FW Turtles actually trained...it could be a similar instance, instant mutation, years of Ninja training. Then again, that is retconed by other issues that show kid Turtles.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,806
I actually made a topic about the original cartoon turtles being 15 years old, if you want to discuss it there since this is the comic section:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35205
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Slightly off topic, but I would absolutely love an entire story-arc based upon the younger Mirage Turtles. Those glimpses we get in short stories (and the entire issue of V.1#9) are some of my favorite tales. I love the over-the-head bandanas, too.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.