The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Jetpack # 1 ''Orange error'' ?

Can anyone confirm this? I don't have this particular issue in hand yet. But is there any truth to this auction or is this seller just spewing BS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERROR-Teenag...item19c94e98d2
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Can anyone confirm this? I don't have this particular issue in hand yet. But is there any truth to this auction or is this seller just spewing BS?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ERROR-Teenag...item19c94e98d2
I emailed jetpack.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:55 PM   #3
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I emailed jetpack.
Coolness. I am interested in what they say.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #4
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpack
It is legit.
We haven't announced it yet but we have sold some.
Thanks
This post is nooooot tooooooo shoooooorrrrtttt!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if I will get one in the mail or if it will be the normal one...
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:24 AM   #6
King Suck
Foot Soldier
 
King Suck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder if I will get one in the mail or if it will be the normal one...
Wondered when word of this was going to spread. They aren't the same price so you will get the normal red unless you paid the huge markup for the orange.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Suck View Post
Wondered when word of this was going to spread. They aren't the same price so you will get the normal red unless you paid the huge markup for the orange.
Jetpack is not differentiating between the two though.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
Rat A Tat
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 184
Huh, I'll have to take a look at my copy when I get home later. Pretty sure mine's red-tinted though.
__________________
Possess the right thinking. Only then can one receive the gifts of strength, knowledge and peace.
Rat A Tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #9
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
I got one...couldn't resist!!!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
Fantomex
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
You know what companies should do, make comics, then make variants to make more money, then purposely making variants with errors to convince even more people to to buy overpriced stuff that isn't really rare at all. If I ran a comic company, that's what I would do lol. Makes you wonder if all of the new comics being released with errors are on purpose or not, trying to cash in on the old days of misprints and errors. I am still tempted to buy this though, those damn comic companies know how to get me.... sigh*
Fantomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #11
Fantomex
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Anyone have any idea of how many issues have the orange tint?
Fantomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #12
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
Anyone have any idea of how many issues have the orange tint?
If you would have read the auction, the seller states 400 have the orange cover but a large quantity of the 400 were damaged in transit so less than 400, depending on if they are selling the damaged ones.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #13
Fantomex
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Seeing as how I already have a red version of this variant, do you think its worth the 40 bucks to buy this orange version of the variant? Help me decide lol!!!
Fantomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #14
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomex View Post
Seeing as how I already have a red version of this variant, do you think its worth the 40 bucks to buy this orange version of the variant? Help me decide lol!!!
Yes, buy it right now.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #15
Fantomex
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 35
Lol I love that response
Fantomex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #16
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
So issue one has yet another variant.

Thank God I stuck with the one.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #17
King Suck
Foot Soldier
 
King Suck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Jetpack is not differentiating between the two though.
Id like to believe that but the skeptic in me is screaming No freakin way. The red was a thousand copies and the orange was 400 with a good chunk damaged. If you think about it, it doesn't make good business sense to sell a rarer variant copy for the same price as a more readily available version.Supply and demand.

I fully expect to see mint copies of the orange popping up for double or triple or even quad plus the price. Ill gladly admit I was wrong if folks order the variant for regular price and get a mint orange. Im waiting to hear back from Jetpack myself.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
How to make your own "ULTRASUPERRARE!" orange Jetpack #1:
1. Place your red Jetpack #1 in a window facing the sun or under florescent lights.
2. Wait until the color fades and enjoy.

__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:58 AM   #19
Gooseatello
Foot Soldier
 
Gooseatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 234
I cant believe there is this many variants. anyone know whats the most variants for a single comic? Not including reprints. I would imagine this one is getting close.
Gooseatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #20
drasgow
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: washington state
Posts: 193
the first godzilla comic by idw had 100 variants
drasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.