The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
IDW TMNT newsstand edition comics

Did anyone out there get a copy of the TMNT #1 (1st print) from IDW that is the newsstand version? If you need further details about this you can check my blog post about it.
These were sent to Barnes & Noble stores (but just not to any B&N in my region for some reason ). I'm having the hardest time tracking down issue #1 from the newsstand. Would appreciate some help tracking one down.
Thanks!
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Oh lord, lol.

So this ''edition'' has,

The cover used for the #1 newsstand edition was the Raphael Dan Duncan (aka “Cover A”).
The text “CVR A” is missing from below the IDW logo in the top left portion of the front cover. Only “#1 – $3.99” displays.
The bar code in the lower right corner of the #1 newsstand edition is slightly shorter than the bar code for the Direct Market edition. Additionally, there are a few additional numbers on the bar code for the Direct Market edition.

Really?
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Yeah, I know...like we need another variant of #1. But that's the skinny. Same goes for #2 as well (which I actually found) and supposedly for #3 and Raphael as well.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
Well I just went into my local BN, not looking for TMNT, and I noticed they had about 10 newstand copies of #2. I know these wern't there last week. They were all creased, but I found one I think I can live with. Any sign of #3 in BN. Anyone have a #1?? Also....does BN get any incentive variants?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #5
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
I chatted with Bobby Curnow at IDW and he believed that the newsstand editions have only one cover which is the same one used for the "A" Direct Market editions. Also, he was under the impression that IDW may only be doing newsstand editions for issues #1-3 but he wasn't positive about this. So far, I've only found certain B&N stores that carry the IDW TMNT title but I'm pretty sure they don't (and/or can't) sell any of the Direct Market ones. The B&N stores in my area aren't getting ANY titles from IDW which seems odd.

As for the #1 newsstand edition, I was thankfully able to acquire one through one of my blog readers. I've also had people contact me that they indeed have the newsstand #1 but wanted to hold on to it. Contrary to the Direct Market versions, any of the newsstand editions that don't sell in the retail stores are returned to the distributor/publisher for credit (and likely destroyed). Take the limited time you can find these editions and combine that with the fact that most people buying comics in B&N are not collectors and these are turning out to be extremely hard ones to get in hand (in any condition).

As for #2, I was able to track down a few copies of it in great condition with a little sleuthing.

Last edited by rich; 10-26-2011 at 09:16 PM.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
Is B&N the only place that gets these?
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
B&N is the only place I've been able to find them. Bobby Curnow also thought that only B&N stores would carry them.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
King Suck
Foot Soldier
 
King Suck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 167
Right now these are the biggest hole in my IDW TMNT collection.I have a feeling Issue 1 is going to be a huge pain in the ass to track down. Does anyone know if you can order them from B&N online or are these in store only?

If anyone finds a store that stocks these and can grab me one. Ill buy you one too.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #9
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
I drove around tonight (in the snow) to 3 different B&Ns and they did not have any TMNTs....they also did not carry any IDW comics at all. The store where I got my copy by my work carried multiple IDW titles.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:03 AM   #10
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
Any sign of #3 yet? I havn't had a chance to check the B&N whre I found #2
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #11
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
I spoke to B&N. With the newsstand editions (unlike other versions), the stores have the ability to return unsold copies to the distributor. According to B&N, just as with magazines, when a new issue comes out, the old issues are removed and returned to the distributor for recycling. Hence why you are only able to fine one issue of a given book at any of the stores.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
Any sign of #3 yet? I havn't had a chance to check the B&N whre I found #2
No sign of it yet...I checked all week at various B&N and no luck.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
I just checked my BN and the 3 or 4 mangled/ripped copies of #2 were gone....which leads me to believe they sent them back and 3 should be out soon
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
King Suck
Foot Soldier
 
King Suck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrumh2o View Post
I just checked my BN and the 3 or 4 mangled/ripped copies of #2 were gone....which leads me to believe they sent them back and 3 should be out soon
Thanks for the heads up, Ill keep[ my eye open.

I was able to track down #2 without to much hassle.

I bid up to $25 on that #1 that sold on ebay awhile back but it ended up selling for $42.
King Suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
I also checked the B&N where I found the #2 TMNT newsstand edition and they do not have any as of yet either. Thanks for the updates.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #16
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
3 is out!! Go get em before they get messed up!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #17
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
I checked five B&N locally (including the ones that had them before) and nothing yet...where did you find them?
I also called around to some B&N in neighboring cities/states out west here and they don't have them either (although I'm not sure some of the associates really even checked).
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #18
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist
 
Redrumh2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,907
Im in Boston. There were only 2 copies (were not there yesterday) on the shelf. There were at least 10 copies of #2 last time around.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
It's crazy how random the distribution of these seems to be...almost at the whim of the distributor supplying the newsstand for the region. No one at B&N even really knows where these newsstand issues come from.
I just talked to an associate at a B&N in PA and they said their system shows they are not yet released...so frustrating.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #20
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
BN is the only place I buy the IDW books at since there's no comic book store in my area.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.