![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Design Preferance: TMNT's or Nick's?
All the casuals are revolting on the TMNT facebook fan page 'cause Nick put some more promo art out. "You're ruining my childhood!" Boo hoo.
The TMNT design was brought up a few times, for better or for worse, and since both are/weren't so well received, I wondered which you guys preferred? I personally like the look of these new guys muuuuuch better than that of the 2007 movie. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
|
I liked the 2007 movie look a lot and I don't understand how anyone had a problem with it. The movie plot itself I understand, but the designs themselves were great.
Since this series obviously doesn't have the budget of a movie I am fine with this look. I just hope the animation is done well especially in fight scenes. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
|
Also, where the hell is this page with casual TMNT fans revolting? I want to see it to see these idiots.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Is it Donnie's gap teeth?
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Lol, people with John Cena profile pics are bitchin. Really? Let them do what they gotta do. As Powder said, CASUALS. They will leave soon since the turtles won't be ''cool'' anymore. LMAO.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...1775764&type=3 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
The kid I left my TMNT VHS tapes with sent me a message on Facebook mainly about Donnie and Mike's weapons
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: west coast
Posts: 302
|
imo TMNT is above and beyond Nick's designs. much less cutesy, far more detail. Need to see the Nick turtles in motion though im sure ill get used to them once that happens
__________________
leswrite.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Bad Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
|
Wow, the way casual fans are reacting makes hardcore fans seem casual.
I think the new toon looks great. Very excited to see more. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Seeing all those comments really made me take a step back and just shake my head. Are people really this dumb? Saying things like ''TMNT R.I.P'' and'' You're ruining my childhood'' makes you sound like a freakin' idiot. Is this how we act sometimes? If so, Im sorry. I do realize these people are not true fans but come on.
Maybe Im not hard to please or maybe Im just a fanboy but I really don't see the issue with this. It's a CHILDRENS television show being played on Nick. The designs of the turtles are not perfect but everyone is going to have an opinion. And they do. Suddenly everyone is a fan and Nick just ruined the lives of all those people. Gimme a break. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
|
To be fair we haven't even seen how they'll move in animation yet.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
I like the new design from Nick a lot more then Imagi's TMNT design.
They are both fine designs and the TMNT07 turtles looks agile and able to pull off the stunts they do. But, the Nick designs looks short and slightly stockier but still able to do intense fight scenes, which in my opinion looks better and more "ninja turtleish" |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
A Magic Light Dudette!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
|
I´m starting to wonder myself if I had become in some kind of hard fan....
This coment about them at facebook: Spoiler:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Stupid Rich
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
|
Wait. Are we hating on 'casuals' now? Is that a thing?
I don't care either way but it's kinda funny that TMNT fans have this elitist attitude about them all of a sudden. "He's a character from the mirage comic...You've probably never heard of him." Shouldn't they have been gone for 15 years then?
__________________
![]() @~<3 Mom~@ Last edited by The Stryker; 10-18-2011 at 06:01 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
Mainly it's the loathing of the "I'm the biggest Turtle fan ever! Mickey and Ralph were my favorites. I hated Leon and the purple one with the staff."
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
|
Whataya know. My new avatar looks cool. You guys should think about using those images for your avatars, too.
![]() Anyway, I've read the comments on facebook. Is everything going to be like this for now on? Does everybody have to say, "They're ruining my childhood!" or "I feel like I've been raped!" everytime a new incarnation of a franchise is released? At least the turtles look better than Yogi Bear or Alvin and the Chipmuncks! These people should get a grip. The reason why there's a reboot because TMNT is popular. Nick wants to keep it alive for the new generation. I swear to God: I hate it when they say that the 2k3 series was better! The 2k3 series was floundering by the end and no one seemed to care about it as much as they decided to see the 2k7 film! Sometimes I wonder, am I right or wrong? Should I like the 2k3 series and join in to say, "I'm going to hate this series!"? Should I be forced to hate this? They say reboots stink. Really? The new Thundercats show is a reboot, and that is a pretty dang good series. Plus, I wonder if the OT fans must have been like, "My childhood memories have been molested" when they read about the 2k3 series. Face it. They can't deal with change. I don't like change, too, but I'm willing to take risks to try the new. I'm giving this a shot, and I'm probably going to come out loving it. ![]() This is TMNT, people! Not Justin Bieber or Twilight crap! ![]() Anyway, do you guys agree? Last edited by Bauer536; 10-18-2011 at 06:49 AM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|