The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite epsiode from the first half of season 4?
Cousin Sid 0 0%
The People's Choice 0 0%
Sons of the Silent Age 0 0%
Dragon's Brew 0 0%
I, Monster 4 20.00%
Grudge Match 2 10.00%
A Wing and a Prayer 0 0%
Bad Day 3 15.00%
Aliens Among Us 2 10.00%
Dragons Rising 1 5.00%
Still Nobody 0 0%
All Hallows Theives 2 10.00%
Samurai Tourist 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
What is your favorite episode from the first half of Season 4?

Because Season 4 doesn't have as many multi-parter episodes compared to earlier seasons, I will divide this poll up into two rounds. This was around the time that the show started to stray a bit from the Mirage comics and focused on a more distinctive style with new 4kids-exclusive enemies.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I chose Samurai Tourist as I loved seeing Usagi and Gen come back and take a tour of New York.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I loved the Halloween episode!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
I went with I, Monster.
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Bad Day would easily be one of my top ten episodes from this series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #6
Ulisa
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Various Fantasy Realms
Posts: 145
I personally feel this season had a lot of strong episodes in it. I like All Hallow's Thieves; I, Monster, Cousin Sid; Bad Day and quite a few others but overall, I loved Grudge Match.

I think the idea of Mikey having to defend his title was a neat twist to throw in. Though, I don't really understand the running gag of him bragging about it, it was an interesting wrench to throw into the works. I wasn't too fond of Mikey's family in this though. Yes, I know a little dose of humility would have been nice for him but the fact that even Splinter turned his back on him for the purpose of teaching him something struck me as pretty cold.

I always felt Mikey's victory in the tournament was something he clung to because he's always up against his brothers in the skills department: Don's got the brains and ingeninuety, Raph's got brute strength, Leo's got the ninja skills...to me, Mikey probably always felt like he got the short end of the stick. Being a champion was probably a sense of "hey, I can best them at somethin'!"

Though not to the same extent as the classic toon, I personally think Mikey usually has a confidence issue which I really saw reflected in this episode. Usually, he would come across as a bit on the arrogant side but with just a few hints here and there that that wasn't his true feelings on the issue. Really wish the writers had not turned his championship into the annoying trait it became.

Anyway, back to the episode, given that Leo had slipped into his 'angry-Rpah-twin" mode, his agreement to help Mikey made for some interesting character interactions. I really liked Leo's whole "one falls, we all fall' spill to him. Really reflected Leo's sense of sticking together despite his overall fall into the self-loathing, I failed them bit.

Of course, I pretty can't talk about this episode without talking about Mikey's fight at the end. As short as it was, I really think that's one of my favorite fights. The writers did a good job as making Mikey fail at first, until something he cared about was brought into play. Given how Mikey generally would rather do something fun like read comics than fight, seeing him finally focus and really show what he was capable of was refreshing. He could be downright dangerous if he selected to be.
Ulisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #7
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
I voted for Samurai Tourist. I especially love how Gen was a Rhino and wore the same clothes as Rocksteady. It felt like Rocksteady was in the episode. It was pretty cool to see the gang at Yankee Stadium.

My choice came very close with Grudge Match. I like how there's the character Kluh, which is Hulk spelled backwords, who is from Levram, which is Marvel spelled backwards.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #8
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Bad Day. It featured the return of the Foot Mystics (something Pete probably prompted 4Kids to consider) and also showed the consequences if the turtles went public. Only problem with it was the turtle's reactions to April and Casey's death were pretty poor. Don just stood there and said, "No, no!" with no body movement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I chose Samurai Tourist as I loved seeing Usagi and Gen come back and take a tour of New York.
Me too. Nothing beats the Gen dresses as Rocksteady bit from this episode. It's gold! The villain being an anthropomorphic wart hog didn't hurt, either.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
"I Monster" and "Dragon's Brew" was also fantastic episodes.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I votes Dragons Rising--such a killer episode ending. Grudge Match, Cousin Sid, I Monster, and All Hallows Thieves and... I'm probably missing a bunch... were also very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Only problem with it was the turtle's reactions to April and Casey's death were pretty poor. Don just stood there and said, "No, no!" with no body movement.
As much as I loved the show, the voice actors and animators were a little awkward with strong emotion.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
"Samurai Tourist" was Usagi's best ep.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.