The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Season 2 - Part 2

I've been trying very hard to track down a a copy of Season 2 - Part 2 for a reasonable price. Anyone have any idea where I could find one? I've tried Amazon, eBay, - nothing comes up!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
That disc has been elusive since it was first released. It's probably the rarest of US TMNT DVDs.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 PM   #3
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
I've been trying very hard to track down a a copy of Season 2 - Part 2 for a reasonable price. Anyone have any idea where I could find one? I've tried Amazon, eBay, - nothing comes up!
Hey to state the obvious but maybe Ebay or Amazon. Or u could wait, bc I bet Nick will eventually properly release the 2k3 series.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That disc has been elusive since it was first released. It's probably the rarest of US TMNT DVDs.
I think that title actually belongs to the Turtles Against H.A.T.E. 3.6 DVD. If you do end up finding it, they want no less than $200 for it. @_@
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Just more reasons that Nick has to re-release the entire series on DVD.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:56 PM   #6
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
I think that title actually belongs to the Turtles Against H.A.T.E. 3.6 DVD. If you do end up finding it, they want no less than $200 for it. @_@
There's actually a copy on eBay right now for $65.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
I guess my question would be how desperate are you for the episodes? If you don't own them at all, you could just buy the four volumes that feature the episodes. Here's what they're currently going for on amazon.com as of this post:

Ultimate Ninja - $9.99
Croc Attack - $14.88 (independent seller)
City At War - $9.99
Battle Nexus $16.95 (independant seller)

So that's roughly $50 for the episodes, probably around $60 after shipping. Not the greatest amount to have to pay, but I guess it could be worse.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
I want the episodes in high quality, on a few discs on possible, IN ORDER, and to complete my season set collection. That's pretty much what Part 2 is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
You could just get the Aussie releases. Till Viacom does something that will be the only way to own the whole series in order. Even if Viacom re-releases the seasons it'll be awhile because I'm sure they'll start with 1. If they were smart they'd do a complete series set.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:53 PM   #10
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Yeah like the op i to am lookin for this with no luck
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
As others have said, I hope Nick will release proper season sets of the 2k3 show. It's a must. I absolutely adore the series. It just great, IMO.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #12
Kirben
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
You could just get the Aussie releases.
Don't get the Australian DVD releases of season 2! The Australian DVD releases of season 2 aren't in correct order. Worse one episode (Return to the Underground on Crock Attack!) is missing 1 minute in the middle, an error which was never fixed. Also the video quality is poor, compared to the seasons sets released in the USA.

Last edited by Kirben; 11-24-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Correct episode title
Kirben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #13
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Which minute?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
Kirben
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Which minute?
One minute is missing at the 9 minutes 40 seconds point, the scene suddenly changes, so can't miss it.
Kirben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #15
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
OMG i'm happy i bought all these when i did. I swear i got them like under $10 on amazon. I have a complete set, that's to the Aussie releases.
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
thingy
Foot Soldier
 
thingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirben View Post
Don't get the Australian DVD releases of season 2! The Australian DVD releases of season 2 aren't in correct order. Worse one episode (Return to the Underground on Crock Attack!) is missing 1 minute in the middle, an error which was never fixed. Also the video quality is poor, compared to the seasons sets released in the USA.
That's the first I'd heard about that so thanks for posting. I've been looking around for Season 2 DVD's recently and was going to go with the Aussie release. Glad I saw this thread before I went for them.

Are there any other releases (any region) with problems?
thingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #17
Kirben
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingy View Post
Are there any other releases (any region) with problems?
The video quality is poor on all the Australian DVD releases of the series, especially when compared to the seasons sets in the USA. The time codes for the Australian DVD releases of season 3 don't update properly either, so can't tell how much of an episode has passed, or is left to go.
Kirben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #18
Hardshell
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 106
If you're Canadian, a lot of stores like Zellers will have these DVDs in special bargain bins for $2.99. I got TMNT SEASON 1, PART & 2 and TMNT SEASON 2, PART 1 & 2 for $2.99 a piece. They are a bit hard to find now, but they still pop up at places like Zellers, Giant Tiger, and Canadian Tiger, and Pharmasave in their bargain bins.
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #19
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardshell View Post
If you're Canadian, a lot of stores like Zellers will have these DVDs in special bargain bins for $2.99. I got TMNT SEASON 1, PART & 2 and TMNT SEASON 2, PART 1 & 2 for $2.99 a piece. They are a bit hard to find now, but they still pop up at places like Zellers, Giant Tiger, and Canadian Tiger, and Pharmasave in their bargain bins.
Woah?! I've only found TMNT SEASON 1 PART 1&2 and FAST FORWARD at Zellers and have neve found any TMNT at Giant Tiger, or Pharmasave. and what's Canadian Tiger?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #20
Hardshell
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
Woah?! I've only found TMNT SEASON 1 PART 1&2 and FAST FORWARD at Zellers and have neve found any TMNT at Giant Tiger, or Pharmasave. and what's Canadian Tiger?
Sorry, I meant Canadian Tire! My mistake!

The $2.99 racks tend to be refilled from time to time, so I check often. I was able to find TMNT S1, P1 & 2, TMNT S2, P1 & 2, TMNT: FAST FORWARD, TMNT: NINJA TRIBUNAL, TMNT: SEASON FOUR, and a handful of the 3.1 releases. I had my best luck at Giant Tiger and Zellers, but you have to usually dig, dig, dig through them all. It's harder to find them now since they refreshed their stock in those containers.
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.