The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #1
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
New Teaser Trailer Released...Origins Alterred Again?

So yeah; we've seen an awful lot of incarnations of the TMNT, some more or less like the comic. The original cartoon had Splinter be Hamato Yoshi instead of his pet, and the overall origin story was made much more child-friendly. The movies and 2003 show all followed the comics in that Splinter actually was just Hamato Yoshi's pet again, but they still were a little lighter in tone, as Splinter and Shredder aren't morally gray as they are in the comics. So now we're going back to Splinter actually being Hamato Yoshi in the Nickelodeon show, and for better or for worse, now Nick has released more info on it, in the form of a trailer.

I think it's a pretty lame trailer, honestly; I don't think there's any new footage; it's just those quick animatics we've seen already, plus some stills that I don't think are new either. Nonetheless, there's a lot of text that details a lot about how Splinter and the turtles were born, but that's not what concerns me. From the sounds of it, it seems the turtles will be tied to a longer continuity of turtles up through history. I don't know if I like that idea; it seems like they're fixing to do a time-travel arc where they meet their ancestors, but I feel it almost defeats the purpose of mutation to have the turtles be descended from other turtles just like them.

But maybe I'm misinterpreting the new trailer. It's pretty lame, but here to interpret yourself, the revamped origin of the turtles.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,379
Hah. I like you already.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 AM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #4
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
I'd be flattered if you made that pic just for this thread, but I have a feeling you didn't.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
You silly. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:07 AM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #7
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!
 
mysterycolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,481
love the pic powder
__________________
mysterycolor TMNT ebay auctions- http://bit.ly/mysterycolor
mysterycolor's basement auctions- bit.ly/mysterybasement
mysterycolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:01 AM   #8
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Welcome to the Drome... * * ... I had fallen as novice in an old trick!

Nice pic Powder... I saved it at my PC!!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:16 AM   #9
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
nice trailer..I didn't think that they would actually meet marvin gaye in this version..
welcome, compadre!
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:30 AM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Ban this c*ck-head!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #11
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Really? It was just a harmless joke, and it's the only unconstructive post I've made so far. (Granted that's not saying much now, but give me time.)
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
Really? It was just a harmless joke, and it's the only unconstructive post I've made so far. (Granted that's not saying much now, but give me time.)
Don't worry dude, that was some funny ****.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:48 PM   #13
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Ban this c*ck-head!
THIS.

We here are VERY serious about our mutant turtles.

Spoiler:
Kidding, kidding.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
I thought it was funny.. Maybe better without the Marvin Gay. I love how the one turtle is eating..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #15
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
Nice pic Powder... I saved it at my PC!!!!
as did i
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #16
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.