The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
What Elements from the OT and 2k3 would you like to see in this series

Since this show is said to be a blend of the two previous series, which elements from both would you like to see?

From the OT I want to see the turtles love of bizarre pizzas and Raph's sarcasm.

From 2k3 I would like to see the return of a 2k3-like Baxter Stockman and Mikey's high pitched, girly scream. I also want the turtles to have the more developed personalities that they had in 2k3.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
OT:
- Bebop and Rocksteady, retooled slightly to be more badass
- Some fourth wall breaking jokes every now and then might be cool

2k3:
- The more developed relationships between all the characters
- The action scenes
- The dark look of NYC

.... Yeah, that's all I can think of for now.
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
From 1987 Show:

*Rocksteady and Bebop.
*The Krang.
*A few mutants that got a toy but no actual appearance. The Mighty Mutanimals don't count as part of this show, but I'll list them anyway as they're cool.
*Aska. Cuz dude; if April's gonna be jailbait, then we need someone else to be our bodacious babe!
*If they can be expanded into more interesting characters, the Neutrinos.
*If The Krang is back, the Rock Soldiers.
*The Technodrome. Part of me resents the new show being CGI but seeing the 'drome in 3-D will redeem it.

From 2003 Show:

*Bishop, provided they can do something new and interesting with him without making him one-dimensional.
*Angel, unless the new April is too similar to her.
*Karai, so long as she isn't an insufferable fascist this time. Make her more like the comic version; loyalty to the foot but no particular loyalty to the Shredder.
*Renet, Lord Simultaneous, and Savanti Romero. I really, really like these characters; they facilitate some fun adventures across time, and their personalities are fun, too. I find Renet in particular adorable.
*Atlanteans. There's probably almost as many different portrayals of Atlantis as there are depictions of it, but I like the idea of an ancient city buried under New York, at least.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:10 PM   #4
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
OLD TOON:
- Splinter being human but they got that covered so good!
- Shredder being human, again covered I hear.
- The technodrome, not as in have every other episode feature the bad guys getting gear for the technodrome but a story arc with the technodrome would be really cool.
- Updated versions of Bebop and Rocksteady. Krang would be cool, course we already got a whole race of him... Oh whatever, I want Krang to appear as well!


NEW TOON:
- Agent Bishop, great villain!
- The storytelling style, it was great how this show was not just stand-alone episodes. Almost every episode was part of a bigger arc.
- Fight scenes. 2K3 features some neat ones.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
OT:
- Bebop and Rocksteady, retooled slightly to be more badass
- Some fourth wall breaking jokes every now and then might be cool

2k3:
- The more developed relationships between all the characters
- The action scenes
- The dark look of NYC

.... Yeah, that's all I can think of for now.
You and I think alike here! The only thing I would add is I wanted to see Agent Bishop, Slash, and The Punk Frogs. It also be great if Stan Saki would allow a portayal similar to what we got in the 2003 cartoon just not close to Leo and not the others.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
OLD TOON:
NEW TOON:
- Agent Bishop, great villain!
- The storytelling style, it was great how this show was not just stand-alone episodes. Almost every episode was part of a bigger arc.
- Fight scenes. 2K3 features some neat ones.
Yeah; I forgot to mention the latter two. I definitely want story arcs and real fighting.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
You and I think alike here! The only thing I would add is I wanted to see Agent Bishop, Slash, and The Punk Frogs. It also be great if Stan Saki would allow a portayal similar to what we got in the 2003 cartoon just not close to Leo and not the others.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Bishop! *slaps forehead*. I feel dumb.

Here's a few more...

OT:
- The Technodrome would be cool for one story arc
- The Krang, or at least a Kraang that acts like him

2k3:
- Bishop
- Story arcs
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #8
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Man I forgot him too! How could I forget someone so cool as Bishop!

OT:
I want the turtles to go out in public wearing trench coats and fedoras again.

2k3:
Agent Bishop!
These kinds of fights
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
For me with the OT side:

Add more mutants to the mix.Ones that didn't get more appearances in the OT.

Same type of humor but more amped up.They don't need crude humor.

2k3 side:

that type of fight scenes are a must.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
Since this show is said to be a blend of the two previous series
O_o Really? Who said that?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #11
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
I think it was in Splinter's thread, though I'm not sure where he got it.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #12
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
From the OT- Tons of mutants, some pizza, a few wacky plotlines on occasion, funky new wave punk synth score (haha!).

From 2k3- A little fearlessness in its storytelling, "dark" animation (dark as in low-light), 2 parters, plenty of Casey.

All of that has a chance short of Casey, who won't appear until the second season. That bugs me quite a bit, but at least I know he'll be there eventually. He wasn't in the OT enough AT ALL.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #13
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
All of that has a chance short of Casey, who won't appear until the second season. That bugs me quite a bit, but at least I know he'll be there eventually. He wasn't in the OT enough AT ALL.
I agree he did not show up enough, and when he did he was totally crazy and just smashing stuff on a berserker rage. Yeah he has anger issues but he ain't the HulK!

I agree as well on the multi-part episodes, I'd be fine with some 2,3, and 4 parters. And agree with the dark tones of the animation, its new york at night, with smog and a lot of the action taking place in dark alleys and in the sewer it should be dark. Seeing the turtles attack out of the shadows are some of my favorite action scenes. And yes some goofiness and lots of pizza are essential!!!
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
All of that has a chance short of Casey, who won't appear until the second season. That bugs me quite a bit, but at least I know he'll be there eventually. He wasn't in the OT enough AT ALL.
The only thing i thought turtles forever missed was 2K3 Casey meeting OT Casey!

NT Casey: You must be some kind of wimpy clown like your green pals here!

OT Casey: Taste cold steel scuzzbucket ! *knocks NT Casey's lights out with a golf club*
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Where'd he find a steel bat?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #16
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Where'd he find a steel bat?
I did say golf club, not bat
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Oh... How'd I do that? Dyslexia doesn't even cover I mistake like that...
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
I'd like to see Dregg from the old toon, but not as the main villain or as a replacement of Shredder.

I'd like to see just one Shredder, not a bunch of them like the 2k3 series had. I'd be okay if he was an utrom.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #19
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
I'd probably take Raphael's sarcasm from the OT, Splinter being a human turned rat, and April's character model from the OT as well. I'd make Krang with a personality like Krell, who would be believable as interdimensional tyrant, everything else would be like 2k
3 series for me.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Archie

Much more from Archie.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.