The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
Notyetasuperhero
Random Punk
 
Notyetasuperhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Nick's Casey

Hey! I'm new and I'm way behind on news for this show, having just recently regaining my deep love for the Turtles thanks to the IDW comic. But I've always been a big fan of Casey Jones and was wondering how you guys want Casey to be in the show and what big of a role you want him to have.

Personally, I want them to take him as dark and true to his origin as they can (being a Nick show) and I would like him to be on the show fairly regularly.
Notyetasuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:48 AM   #2
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
accurate to what? Casey have been fairly different in all incarnations, do you mean the comics? He wasn't really a dark character, he had issues like all people had and vented out with vigilantism.

the Fred Wolf Cartoon counterpart was a darker character, down to the point of probably not showing any remorse breaking some limbs on jaywalkers.

personally I don't want "dark" for darkness sake, I want well written and likable characters
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I like when Casey is portrayed as multi-dimensional, he definitely has to have some anger issues, and succumb to them more than Raph. I always liked when he acted as an amped up angrier Raph, so that Raph could see himself in Casey and realize how important it is to keep that anger in check and control it, rather than let it control him. That being said I don't want Casey walking around mad 24/7 wanting go Hulk Smash on kids shaking vending machines. I would like to see him be smart, at least street wise, competent, and a great alley to the turtles, who is skilled in battle but doesn't freak out and get angry until someone he cares about is hurt or in serious trouble. Thats when I'd like to see the switch flipped and have him let the adrenaline take over and beat some villains nearly to death before he's stopped by someone intervening and trying to calm him down. To me that's a pretty realistic take on it, kinda like Bruce Willis in Sin City, when he freaks out on the Yellow Bastard and starts beating him to a pulp, but hopefully someone would step in and stop casey before he beat the guy to "just wet bone" stage
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,777
According to Nick, Casey won't appear until Season 2 anyway, so we won't see him at all for the first 26 episodes.

Which I finally kinda weird, you'd think they'd want to show him early on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I think Metropolis nailed it. Casey needs to have anger issues but there needs to be more to him then that. I'm really digging the spin they put on him over at IDW. I wouldn't mind if they took that and the Mirage Casey and made a hybrid of it.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 AM   #6
Notyetasuperhero
Random Punk
 
Notyetasuperhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
accurate to what? Casey have been fairly different in all incarnations, do you mean the comics? He wasn't really a dark character, he had issues like all people had and vented out with vigilantism.

the Fred Wolf Cartoon counterpart was a darker character, down to the point of probably not showing any remorse breaking some limbs on jaywalkers.

personally I don't want "dark" for darkness sake, I want well written and likable characters
Perhaps "darker" was the wrong word choice, I just meant I don't want Nick to down any of Casey's characteristics too much just for the sake of the shows rating, though I realize they may not be able to throw in some aspects from the comics to keep it fairly kid-friendly. But, like Metropoliskid says I like him when he's a "more intense" version of Raph and the two kind teach each other how to calm themselves down but aren't afraid to unleash themselves when appropriate. What I think we are likely to get is either one closer to the new IDW Casey or a slightly tweaked 4kids Casey. Either of which I am fine with.

Also: All that being said, I certainly didn't mean dark like the Fred Wolf take on him, I really didn't like him in that series and was glad that he only showed up a handful of times.
__________________

Last edited by Notyetasuperhero; 12-30-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Notyetasuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
You have to love the hockey mask though.However,he doesn't need to ware it all the time.I think he is bad*** with it on though.I'd make him the quintessential vigilanti.Taking the law into his own hands.He needs to beat the you know what out of law breakers.The Y2K3 version as accaully pretty good.Though,the writers were really rough on him and April in a few episodes.In one episode April and Casey were caught in an explosion.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:46 PM   #8
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
The 2k3 version seemed to get dumber the longer the show went on and I didn't like that. Casey isn't the smartest sure but I never saw him as an idiot either. I guess that is one thing I'm really digging about the IDW version of the character, he is written with some intelligence behind him.

Out of all of the universes I think the OT was the hardest on him and actually glad he didn't stick around to long. Something about him being that crazy bothered me.

I hope the new show puts him somewhere between the Mirage Casey and the IDW Casey. Bring something new to the character but at the same time make sure it is recognizable as Casey. I thought somewhere on here someone said something of him being like Carter from the OT. I don't want that
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
The OT version was completely insane. I really hope they don't make him like that.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I really dug what Chris Evans brought to him in the 2007 movie. Thought it was probably one of the best versions of Casey we saw. I like how he played him more as a torn character. Having the two sides that he didn't really know how to balance.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
The OT version was completely insane. I really hope they don't make him like that.
Best version of Casey ever.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I didn't mind 4Kids Casey that much because he could be deep and still be a bit of a goofball. I just hope Nick doesn't make him a complete idiot. I'd like to see some depth to him. Like Old Hob said, I really liked the 2K7 Casey as well and the depth that went along with his character. I'd like to see him with the anger issues at first and then get help for that with Raph.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I didn't mind 4Kids Casey that much because he could be deep and still be a bit of a goofball. I just hope Nick doesn't make him a complete idiot. I'd like to see some depth to him. Like Old Hob said, I really liked the 2K7 Casey as well and the depth that went along with his character. I'd like to see him with the anger issues at first and then get help for that with Raph.
I agree with you. Though the 2k7 movie isn't all that great IMO, Casey was definitely one of the best aspects of it.

How old does anyone think Casey will be in the new show? Do you think he'll be a teenager like April or older? I'd guess the former, since April and Casey are usually made into a couple.
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I think he will be a high schooler, probably a grade or two above April. Which is fine with me. Makes since why we wouldn't see him at first in the series. But I have a hunch we will "see him" but he wont actually become part of the show tell season 2.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
If they're going to make April and Casey a couple, it would make sense for him to be around her age or maybe just a little older.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Best version of Casey ever.
I agree. But I just adore Elias Koteas Casey Jones. I think he is my personal favorite.

I wonder if the nick series would be daring enough to make Casey older than April. Like April is a teenager and Casey is a young adult in his early twenties. A four to six year gap in age would be intersting especially in a couple, but I kniw it isn't likely to happen.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #17
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier
 
SherlockJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: The nearest Starbucks
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I wonder if the nick series would be daring enough to make Casey older than April. Like April is a teenager and Casey is a young adult in his early twenties. A four to six year gap in age would be intersting especially in a couple, but I kniw it isn't likely to happen.
Yeah, if there were more than two or even three years between them, you'd have people shouting "Pedo!"
__________________
"SQUIRREL!!!"

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:52 PM   #18
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Hey it worked with Han and Leia in Star Wars.Well,in the Empire Strikes Back anyways. I don't mind seeing Casey getting beat up a few times like in the first live action movie.He is terrible at fighting without a weapon.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
Notyetasuperhero
Random Punk
 
Notyetasuperhero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
Yeah, if there were more than two or even three years between them, you'd have people shouting "Pedo!"
Thought I read somewhere on here that Casey is only going to be around 18 in the show. Two years isn't bad
__________________
Notyetasuperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #20
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
If April and Casey are going to get together on this new show, there ages can't be too far apart because April's only 16. they can't have a 30 year old Casey, or someone's going to jail.
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.