The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Comic Book Distributor(s)

So I'm pretty new to inner workings of the comic book industry (though there seem to be a fair amount of similarities between the music scene, film, and other entertainment based industries), and I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about the historical highlights regarding comic book distributors. It seems like years back there were several but now there is one, essentially monopolizing the distributions of comics: Diamond. Anyone have any insight of the progression to the current distributor situation?
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #2
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
These two links have great information about the history of comic distribution in the U.S...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Comic_Distributors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_market
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
These two links have great information about the history of comic distribution in the U.S...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_Comic_Distributors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct_market
Well, I was hoping someone could help summarize, but I'll take a look at the wiki articles when I get a chance
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.