The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Multi-colored or all Red headbands in the IDW comic?
Multi-colored 58 48.74%
Red 61 51.26%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Multi-colored or Red?

Just figured a poll would be interesting to see. Vote for what you prefer in the IDW comic. Red or Multi-colored headbands.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
I'm enjoying the book well enough that it doesn't matter one way or the other to me. I was happy they brought in the multi colored bands, but it wouldn't have killed it one way or the other for me.

It's kinda neat; the idea that red headband turtles live in the comics, but I like this too.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #3
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Gimme colors!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
I don't really care anymore to be honest. What is done is done.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
Really no preference at all, I enjoy both. How about option 3-either works. Or option 4-black & white
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
I personally liked the approach they took. It's like they hit a certain "level" and ascertained their "black belt". Just like the hitting a certain acheivment to receive weapons.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #7
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
Really no preference at all, I enjoy both. How about option 3-either works. Or option 4-black & white
Because it's either one or the other.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #8
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior
 
Metropoliskid41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tundra
Posts: 886
I like both equally. My favorite Turtle is Raph so he wears red regardless
__________________
-------------------
Metropoliskid41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
I don't hate multi-colors at all but I prefer red.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
I don't hate multi-colors at all but I prefer red.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #11
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
I like either but think Red suits the comic turtles the best.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #12
Grimlock
Hench Mutant
 
Grimlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Behind you
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
I like either but think Red suits the comic turtles the best.
This I agree with.
__________________
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #13
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Red all the way.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
I personally liked the approach they took. It's like they hit a certain "level" and ascertained their "black belt". Just like the hitting a certain acheivment to receive weapons.
That would have made sense if they started out wearing those rainbow colors then hitting that ''level'' and becoming a true clan with unifying colors.

But Splinter saying, ''Hey, good job on your training! Here, everyone gets to wear their favorite colors now!'' That's F'ing goofy.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
That would have made sense if they started out wearing those rainbow colors then hitting that ''level'' and becoming a true clan with unifying colors.

But Splinter saying, ''Hey, good job on your training! Here, everyone gets to wear their favorite colors now!'' That's F'ing goofy.
With the way the story originated, Splinter specifically mentions that they wore the colors to remind them of their lost brethren and who they were searching so diligently for. It was a completion of training by finding Raph.

We already have a clan that wears identical clothing where they are indistinguishable from each other, and that's the foot
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
That would have made sense if they started out wearing those rainbow colors then hitting that ''level'' and becoming a true clan with unifying colors.

But Splinter saying, ''Hey, good job on your training! Here, everyone gets to wear their favorite colors now!'' That's F'ing goofy.
Ah clan smlan. Splinter even says although they are a clan, they are individuals as well. They have never been a "traditional" clan, plus in this universe they aren't (as far as we know thus far) trained and raised to kill Shredder. So the whole point of them being peaceful-don't kill-ninjas is contradictory as is. This whole "clan" business is over-exaggerated.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Red like the blood that pours from my back I was stabbed in by Tom Waltz who made them the rainbow brigade because he felt like it.
Over-dramatic, I know. Don't give a sh*t.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #18
LEOTMNT
Thug
 
LEOTMNT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: upstate
Posts: 91
RED!! but i must say i really like how they transitioned to color in IDW, expressive of personality and character to a degree along with some individuality noted by donnie...er...mikey...haha jk. sooo its allll good
__________________
T-U-R-T-L-E POWER
LEOTMNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #19
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946

This doesn't look like a traditional clan to me. It looks like a true family, just one that has remained in hiding and trains in ninjitsu.

I actually hate the 80's toon.
I prefer the colored.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #20
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
I really like both colored and red. But i think red fits the comics more.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.