The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
What would a Season 0 "Prequel" be like?

Sure we've discussed about Season 11 possibilities, there very well could be a good story that turned out to be a prequel to the OT if it got its own season/mini-series, and below I have just a few questions for discussion.

How would Hamato Yoshi's friends and students fall by the wayside? (remember that the origin story told in Turtle Tracks was a flashback)
How would Oroku Saki become The Shredder and start his Foot Soldier robots?
How would he encounter Krang?
How did the Technodrome get built in Dimension X and how did Krang get his Rock Soldiers?
How did the baby turtles get born and end up in the pet shop?
How did Shredder decide to create and release the mutagen into the sewers?
How did April O'Neil start her career at Channel 6?
How did Bebop & Rocksteady grow up and start their gang?
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 01-27-2012 at 09:10 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
How would How would he encounter Krang?
How did the Technodrome get built in Dimension X and how did Krang get his Rock Soldiers?
Now here's the thing (and I'm sure this has probably been debated before on these forums), I've always been under the assumption that the Technodrome was created on Earth. Cause if Krang already had the Technodrome, what would he need Shredder for? I've always assumed that Drakus created the designs for the Technodrome, and Krang stole them.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Even with the drome and shedder. Krang failed to get much accomplished.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Cause if Krang already had the Technodrome, what would he need Shredder for?
Create a body for Krang, as mentioned in season 1.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Now here's the thing (and I'm sure this has probably been debated before on these forums), I've always been under the assumption that the Technodrome was created on Earth. Cause if Krang already had the Technodrome, what would he need Shredder for?
The Technodrome wasnt 100% ready, as Krang was hessitant to open the Dimensional Portal until he had a body. Shredder also had a crime ring and connections to the underworld, which gave Krang readily availible forces on Earth, and the same connections could attain vital technologies that could maintain The Technodrome and even arm it with defenses. It's one thing to have a battle station, it's a whole other kettle of fish to keep it operational and safe.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
We should also see Krang's partnerships with Beserko and Shreeka. In Season 8 Berserko confirms that he designed the Technodrome.

We could also see some "toddler" Turtle stories. I know they mutated into their teenage forms immediately, but eps of them training before they went above ground.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Now here's the thing (and I'm sure this has probably been debated before on these forums), I've always been under the assumption that the Technodrome was created on Earth. Cause if Krang already had the Technodrome, what would he need Shredder for? I've always assumed that Drakus created the designs for the Technodrome, and Krang stole them.
And who built the Technodrome if it was created on Earth? I would say it was built in Dimension X, and Krang was sent away, opening a dimensional portal (not the Technodrome one) from Dimension X to the Milky Wat Galaxy. After drifting through interstellar space, it crashed on the Earth (in some deserted landscape) and Krang qucikly used to burrow it underground to be unnoticed.

Another concept would be if Krang was banished from Dimension X inside a small spacecraft, finally crashing on the Earth. However when arriving, he contacted General Tragg to send the Technodrome, built in Dimension X, to the Earth trhough a dimensional portal.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #8
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
I actually did write a story, "The Shredder is Born", to answer several of the questions. Okay, maybe Shredder accidentally travelling to Poland may have been overdoing it.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Shredder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
I actually did write a story, "The Shredder is Born", to answer several of the questions. Okay, maybe Shredder accidentally travelling to Poland may have been overdoing it.
I always thought Shredder invented the mutagen, believing it was deadly, as Krang said it was Shredder who tried to kill Hamato Yoshi using it, but instead he became a rat mutant.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,408
Shredder didnt invent the Mutagen, Krang had to give him instructions on how to make it in "Invasion of the Punk Frogs"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
I actually did write a story, "The Shredder is Born", to answer several of the questions. Okay, maybe Shredder accidentally travelling to Poland may have been overdoing it.
Ha, I read that story. Shredder grabbing the punks by the umm... private parts to make them listen was a little too much. Otherwise it was a fun story.
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Ha, I read that story. Shredder grabbing the punks by the umm... private parts to make them listen was a little too much. Otherwise it was a fun story.
Thanks.

The idea was that Shredder did it to humiliate as well as torture the punk. Years ago I heard a British former soldier mention that during World War Two, two soldiers were caught by the Japanese, and they cut the soldiers' genitals off and sew them to the insides of their mouths, and it gave me the idea for the scene.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #13
Hermano Dyvas
Hench Mutant
 
Hermano Dyvas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Europe
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type 97 Chi-ha View Post
Thanks.

The idea was that Shredder did it to humiliate as well as torture the punk. Years ago I heard a British former soldier mention that during World War Two, two soldiers were caught by the Japanese, and they cut the soldiers' genitals off and sew them to the insides of their mouths, and it gave me the idea for the scene.
Woah. I heard the Japanese were cruel but I never heard anything like that. Well... I'm glad Shredder didn't do that!
Hermano Dyvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermano Dyvas View Post
Woah. I heard the Japanese were cruel but I never heard anything like that. Well... I'm glad Shredder didn't do that!
Shredder presumably assumed that this was as far as he dared go if he expected the punk to continue working for him.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Shredder didnt invent the Mutagen, Krang had to give him instructions on how to make it in "Invasion of the Punk Frogs"
I can't remember which episode it was that he gives Shredder the formula...but leaves out an ingredient till the last, but it wasn't Punk Frogs. That mutagen wound up in the swamp via portal malfunction.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I can't remember which episode it was that he gives Shredder the formula...but leaves out an ingredient till the last, but it wasn't Punk Frogs. That mutagen wound up in the swamp via portal malfunction.
Just watched "Punk Frogs" earlier this week, Zarius is correct.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #17
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
Create a body for Krang, as mentioned in season 1.
Lol he can create the ultimate weapon, but cant make himself a body???????
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Just watched "Punk Frogs" earlier this week, Zarius is correct.
Then which one is it that has the mutagen being sent to parts unknown via portal malfunction? I could swear that was Punk Frogs...since it sends it to the Okefenokee Swamp.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Then which one is it that has the mutagen being sent to parts unknown via portal malfunction? I could swear that was Punk Frogs...since it sends it to the Okefenokee Swamp.
Leatherhead's first episode? The Punk Frogs were in that one too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Then which one is it that has the mutagen being sent to parts unknown via portal malfunction? I could swear that was Punk Frogs...since it sends it to the Okefenokee Swamp.
Same episode. Shredder wanted to make more after he retrieved the frogs.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 01-28-2012 at 06:56 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.