The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Don's Down Time



Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:52 PM   #2
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Wow. Those are some good pictures, Raven. Nice job.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Raven !

Long time no see! I just now realized that you were back on the drome.

So what's new on your side? Is beign a freelance artist as awesome as it sounds?

Oh and if you have any new sketches laying around crying for some colors, you know who to ask..

And those are pretty good, the first drawing actully reminds me of our old friend Masked Ninja from a few years ago... Oh nostalgia..
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Aw! Love them! Although I don't think those activities wouldn't be done by the others as well (excluding maybe Raph, haha) those are very talented pieces capturing Donnie during his down time.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
Raven !

Long time no see! I just now realized that you were back on the drome.

So what's new on your side? Is beign a freelance artist as awesome as it sounds?

Oh and if you have any new sketches laying around crying for some colors, you know who to ask..

And those are pretty good, the first drawing actully reminds me of our old friend Masked Ninja from a few years ago... Oh nostalgia..
Howdy Sliced! Been a long time!

Being a Freelance artist was fun but I gave it up so I could pursue some other projects. But I was able to get a few things published through these guys http://idea-men.us/if-x.html

Other wise Im just drawing for fun again, and if I get a job cool. But Im not chasing after it anymore.

You know I may have some drawings laying around that could use some color! I loved what you did with the Into Action piece, I still get a lot of praise for that piece!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Howdy Sliced! Been a long time!

Being a Freelance artist was fun but I gave it up so I could pursue some other projects. But I was able to get a few things published through these guys http://idea-men.us/if-x.html

Other wise Im just drawing for fun again, and if I get a job cool. But Im not chasing after it anymore.

You know I may have some drawings laying around that could use some color! I loved what you did with the Into Action piece, I still get a lot of praise for that piece!
Sad to hear about that freelance stuff. Seems like a dream job when its working. Well don't give up, as talented as you are, you'll find something.

And I'm glad to hear that ''Into Action'' is still ''in action''.... Had alot of fun doing that one.

I colored another B&W piece not so long ago. Go check it out ! Tell me what you think!

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35865

When you will have the time, drop by the redesign challenge. You could really create some sparks there !
__________________

Last edited by Sliced; 01-30-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #7
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School
 
Voltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Realm of SJW
Posts: 4,642
Yo! This is such a departure from your usual stuff. What medium did you use? Let's have some details, brother!
__________________
I AM FOR ACTUAL! . . . and the White Savior. . . and the Right Hand of God. . .
Voltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM   #8
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
Sad to hear about that freelance stuff. Seems like a dream job when its working. Well don't give up, as talented as you are, you'll find something.

And I'm glad to hear that ''Into Action'' is still ''in action''.... Had alot of fun doing that one.

I colored another B&W piece not so long ago. Go check it out ! Tell me what you think!

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=35865

When you will have the time, drop by the redesign challenge. You could really create some sparks there !
Holy cow thats amazing Sliced! You have really upped your game sense I last saw any of your stuff! Impressive man!

Redesign you say? I saw some threads for that, I'll give a look into them. They sound like a lot of fun. As for the Freelance stuff I would love to continue with it, but it dosn't pay the bills like I wish it could. But I started a videography business and now I film weddings and business commercials around my area. I kind of like filming stuff more then drawing now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Yo! This is such a departure from your usual stuff. What medium did you use? Let's have some details, brother!
VOLTRON!

All I used was the free ap Gimp, other wise just your usual tools. Pencil and paper, and my imagination! No, I was just goofing around and wanted to see what I could produce.

Also good to see you again man!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Sliced
Stone Warrior
 
Sliced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Holy cow thats amazing Sliced! You have really upped your game sense I last saw any of your stuff! Impressive man!

Redesign you say? I saw some threads for that, I'll give a look into them. They sound like a lot of fun. As for the Freelance stuff I would love to continue with it, but it dosn't pay the bills like I wish it could. But I started a videography business and now I film weddings and business commercials around my area. I kind of like filming stuff more then drawing now
Thanks ! Not drawing and coloring as much as I'd like though. I also wanted to be a freelance, but life decided otherwise.

Yeah you'll love the redesign challenges. One is active right now. You still have a few days to submit something if you want. And the character is Krang so its all fun! There's alot of great artists here.

Although I'm glad to see that you found your niche for now, I'm sad to hear that you enjoy filming more than drawing... Filming is so overrated!
__________________
Sliced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:04 AM   #10
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
I like your use of shading. Very nice work.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliced View Post
Although I'm glad to see that you found your niche for now, I'm sad to hear that you enjoy filming more than drawing... Filming is so overrated!
oh I still draw, but its mostly for storyboards now.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.