The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
tsukeru
Random Punk
 
tsukeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Do we know when?

Do we know yet of an air date that the new 2012 Nick cartoon will start?
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
X
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
I'd just like to see some actual episode photos. For a show that is supposedly airing this year, they sure are keeping quiet about the project.
__________________
"Wisemen say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza."
X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
tsukeru
Random Punk
 
tsukeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by X View Post
I'd just like to see some actual episode photos. For a show that is supposedly airing this year, they sure are keeping quiet about the project.
The only thing I've seen/heard of lately for the new series is that they are building a ride for it in the Mall of America. But yes, I totally agree with you. I feel like we are completely in the dark about this series like it almost isn't happening. ;_;
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
If they don't break the silence immediately after the KCA, I think it's safe to say they'll be announcing it at SDCC-time.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukeru View Post
The only thing I've seen/heard of lately for the new series is that they are building a ride for it in the Mall of America. But yes, I totally agree with you. I feel like we are completely in the dark about this series like it almost isn't happening. ;_;
According to Rob Paulsen's twitter, it looks like they've been done with the main recording sessions for a good while now. Episodes are probably being animated as we speak.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
tsukeru
Random Punk
 
tsukeru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
According to Rob Paulsen's twitter, it looks like they've been done with the main recording sessions for a good while now. Episodes are probably being animated as we speak.
That's good to know! I'm a little nervous about the voice cast for this series. The 2003 cast was really good~
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
I'm not. They have the best voice director/casting director in the business: Andrea Romano.

As much as I loved the 4kids TMNT voice actors... they were a rag-tag group of anime VA's.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Shows probably going to start in September...or at the latest November.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
According to Rob Paulsen's twitter, it looks like they've been done with the main recording sessions for a good while now. Episodes are probably being animated as we speak.
Just a few weeks ago they were recording an episode according to Rob's weekly podcast, and given they were recording since last summer, that's plenty of time to get 26 episodes in. I feel there's a good chance of a September premiere if they're already that far along. CGI animation doesn't take quite as long as cel animation since you can simply copy the frame and just make the adjustments to it on the Adobe illustrator or whatever they use.

An interesting tidbit on one of Rob's podcasts is that Andrea Romano was originally offered to be the voice director for the original 1987 cartoon, only to do a different show instead. And all of the original turtles/Splinter VA's worked with her on the show "Snorks" (season 2's credits feature Cam, Barry, Townsend, Rob, and Peter in the credits, and that came before TMNT '87)!
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,369
Question

I imagine Nick may want to show TMNT in the months where their biggest kids draw, Power Rangers, is wrapping up, which is normally around November
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
RAPHAEL#1fan
Foot Soldier
 
RAPHAEL#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
I'm still just waiting for more pics from the show. The marketing on this is vary slow.
RAPHAEL#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
If they don't break the silence immediately after the KCA, I think it's safe to say they'll be announcing it at SDCC-time.
I would hope so, but that is so far away.....
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #13
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Tomorrow at 3am.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #14
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,369
I beleive it airs 4AM In Japan.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #15
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
It'd be cool if they had a special premier for the pilot episode like Young Justice did. They showed the first two episodes as an hour-long special in November 2010 and the show didn't actually debut until January 2011.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #16
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
According to Rob Paulsen's twitter, it looks like they've been done with the main recording sessions for a good while now. Episodes are probably being animated as we speak.
Greg Cipes said via Twitter that he was recording new TMNT today... So I don't think they are done just yet...

https://twitter.com/#!/GregCipes/sta...45836785950720

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Interesting. Well, they have been at it for months either way. So they're on, if not ahead of, schedule for a 2012 debut.

EDIT: I see he also tweeted "turtle power!" to Jason Biggs. Nice lol.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 01-30-2012 at 04:04 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
You know, the funny thing is we are all going to anticipate this shows premiere for months and the actual day it airs, the first episode is going to be over in what will feel like five minutes.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #19
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
You know, the funny thing is we are all going to anticipate this shows premiere for months and the actual day it airs, the first episode is going to be over in what will feel like five minutes.
I'm gonna DVR the **** out of it though lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:58 PM   #20
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I'm gonna DVR the **** out of it though lol.
That's the only way I could get myself to watch Nickelodeon.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.