The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Will Nick use Bebop and Rocksteady?

Given they have appeared in their human forms in the IDW series, with the strong indication that they will be mutated, do you think we'll see them in cartoon?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Maybe .
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I suppose if eastman can bring them into the comics then they can bring them into the cartoon updated.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
I'd be amazed if they didn't use them. They're two of the TMNT's best known and most popular villains.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'd be amazed if they didn't use them. They're two of the TMNT's best known and most popular villains.
And yet they're not using Krang, just a species based on him called The Kraang.

I am hoping Krang shows up as their leader later on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
That's a good question? I wouldn't think so, but hey, you never know.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And yet they're not using Krang, just a species based on him called The Kraang.

I am hoping Krang shows up as their leader later on.
This.

I'm not 100% certain they'll show up after all since they aren't using Krang, I do hope we eventually get Krang. Heck since The Kraang are using Utrom suits we might not even see Utroms in this series..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
This.

I'm not 100% certain they'll show up after all since they aren't using Krang, I do hope we eventually get Krang. Heck since The Kraang are using Utrom suits we might not even see Utroms in this series..
The Kraang are this show's version of the Utroms.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Given they have appeared in their human forms in the IDW series, with the strong indication that they will be mutated, do you think we'll see them in cartoon?
100% guaranteed.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #10
Ashangelo
Hench Mutant
 
Ashangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: My Imagi-Nation
Posts: 316
I hope not. I may be the minority, but I never cared for Bebop and Rocksteady. They just irritated me more than anything.
Ashangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
Logan
Hench Mutant
 
Logan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 483
I hope they're brought on board. Just not as dumb as they were on the OT.
__________________
We're a team; and as a team let's go kick some ass!

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Give how their classic figures still sell, I'd see no reason not to bring them back, perhaps even as the leaders of the Purple Dragons if that is used. I'm not the producer or writer however, so we'll just have to wait and see. And since this show is aimed at 4 and up, I wouldn't be surprised if they get stupid once in awhile, which I don't mind as long as it doesn't go over the top.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #13
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't mind if they use Bebop and Rocksteady. I just hope they don't get too dumb. I always thought Hun would be like a Bebop and Rocksteady clone, but he turned out to be tougher than I thought he'd be and made a good villain.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
I hope so, id really love to see them again.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I hope they're brought on board. Just not as dumb as they were on the OT.
Yeah, like how they were when the OT series started. Those two weren't that dumb and super strong and they weren't afraid of Shredder or Krang. In other words, they were actual threats and the turtles had to use their skill to defeat them early on as opposed to outsmarting them since they lacked a lot of intelligence later on.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #16
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Given they have appeared in their human forms in the IDW series, with the strong indication that they will be mutated, do you think we'll see them in cartoon?
One can only hope, but in all honesty I doubt they will
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
One can only hope, but in all honesty I doubt they will
No reason to doubt it for a second. Just a question of When they will appear and how "edgy" Nick will make them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
I hope so! I miss those guys. I'm thrilled they've shown up in IDW.
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
It's a repackaging/repurposing of the Fred Wolf series... they belong here.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior
 
Konchadunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 912
It's a little too early to tell that, in my opinion. So far, the only tangible connections to the Original Toon are the Kraang, and Rob Paulsen. Still, the revelation that mutation will play a large role is good evidence that Bebop and Rocksteady will be brought back.
__________________
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.