The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Ninjara sculpt W.I.P

It's done wirh foam & clay..
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
When I read the thread title, I thought it said, "Ninjara Script WIP".

I thought you might have been writing a fan comic or something!

The sculpt does look nice though!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
hehe XD the words are similar enough but im not much of a wrier.
I'm glad you liked it so far!
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
Decided to make your own Ninjara, eh? Looks good so far. I can't wait to see the finished product
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #5
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Looking nice!!! ! Keep posting pics!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Soldier Clang View Post
Decided to make your own Ninjara, eh? Looks good so far. I can't wait to see the finished product
Haha x3 yeah i figured 'ok it's not gonna be sculpey, nor an action figure, but still lets take the matters into our own hands' i'll keep you guys posted!

Thank you Luzmagica! I'll post all progress here.
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I think i still have some clay left...thinking on whether redoing Ninjara...or scrap that idea and try Alopex
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Holy Cow! Great depiction of Ninjara!
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #9
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
You really think so? Thank you kindly!
It got trashed, but, i'd like to make a Ninjara sculpt someday.
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #10
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
I bought cold porcelain to start an Alopex custom figurine..

I can use this ( '3') any ideas?
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #11
frank_one
Mad Scientist
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 2,234
Some stuff you can draw inspiration from:
http://topsukka.deviantart.com/art/N...gure-166295198
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcusto....php?FID=30004
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #12
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
ohh thanks i had only ever seen this one: http://www.tmnttoys.com/customs/CustomNinjara.htm
I really like the one at figurerealm..

Yesterday i started sculpting alopex's head:

Maybe i should work on Ninjara also side by side.
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Hello...i've amassed some foam (both soft, and the solid one) & sponge, galvanized wire, some Ethylene-vinyl acetate "foamy" sheet, cold porcelain, regular ceramic clay
Uhhh...packing peanuts...that too o.o lol

(...is any of this compatible with 'polymer clay', say, as filler or armature?Besides wire.)
'cus i wanna redo the one i did last year (just to take a picture & post on the internet...afterwards destroy it so i need the polymer clay material itself for practice purposes)

Because the one in the 1st pic, regular clay, high detail can be sculpted, but it was so fragile it cracked and broke.
And the 2nd, alopex's head, is a durable material, cold porcelain, but very tedious to work with.

This polymer clay has the best of both worlds... so i wanna continue this which i never got to finish.

Last edited by Nickokapo; 06-25-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.