![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
My Leo costume build
Ok guys so ive been a long time lurker at therpf forum and started this thread there but thought id post here to see what you guys think, below is my original thread inc pictures and my latest update....please read on!
im a complete novis, infact i doubt im even that but after Months of lurking on here and other forums I finally feel ready to start my ninja turtle suit. I think I've soaked up enough knowledge to get this done. It's going to take a few months to complete so please be patient. But I will try and post as many updates as possible and will welcome any comments and advise along the way Firstly I'd like to thank Matt(heroprops) for the mask which is on its way, can't wait to receive it. And within the next few weeks he will be providing me with his shell Ok so this is how I intend to attack this project... I'll be starting off this week with my duct tape dummy. I will then be placing a spandex body suit over the top of this as the base for my muscle suit! This zips up the back and cover my entire head, the face will be cut out. My plan is to make this suit out of just 3 pieces, the muscle suit, shell and mask. Of course this will probably change as I go along lol Next step will be to create the muscles out of upholstery foam, I have some great reference pics which will help and I do want this to be as close to the real thing as possible! Once I am happy with the muscles I may be 'skinning' over the muscles with a thin layer of foam, probably 3mm but this depends how smooth I can get the foam used to form the muscle shape... Next will be several layers of latex, latex paint and finishing touches, shading etc. Most of the other turtle builds I have seen comprise of quite a few seperate elements, such as seperate forearms, legs and hands etc. I'm hoping to avoid doing this and having one complete muscle suit. I've got some pretty good ideas how I'm going to do this and as I go along you will see if they have been a success or failure lol This is the mask I have bought ![]() ![]() ![]() And below is my progress so far on the muscle suit, next step is to cover with latex and paint..... Oh and the legs lol Before skinning ![]() And after, this was done tonight, took around two hours ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Fantastic in all ways! Gonna be cool followin' this.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Thanks man, like I said I've never done anything like this before but so far I'm actually surprising myself with how it's looking haha
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 708
|
Nice work. I have a question and I mean no criticism when I ask if you will sweat your butt off in this when its complete?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Yeah probably lol but I did go for the lightest upholstery foam I could find which should help with cooling... Also the way the shell fits, I'll be able to slip it off and zip open the back pretty quickly to cool down
My aim is to get this perfect for Halloween, my friend always has a party in a big gazebo and tends to just heat one end, I'll stay in the cold end this year lol |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Wow, that is amazing. The mask very much reminds me of the first movie Leo head. In some ways I even like it better. But yeah, I will for sure keep an eye on this thread.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
I think he based the mask on the first movie, he does all 4 and can offer different expressions, not sure if he is a member here?! I haven't received it yet but should be here any day now and I'll upload some more pics of my actual mask
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
I may be wrong but, is he from England? I think I know who you are speaking of, I have a PR helmet from him. Great quality.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Yeah he is
He is also providing my shell. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Haha yeah I could, there's a guy over at therpf doing a simular build and he is considering putting a liquid cooling system in lol
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
Looking AWESOME dude!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 138
|
Awesome! Can't wait to see more progress!
Last edited by eledoremassis02; 02-18-2012 at 11:32 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll be finishing up the legs and starting latex/paint over the next couple of weeks.... My mask should be here tomorrow
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Quick update, the mask hasn't arrived yet but should be here weds!
I should have the shell sorted for next week, so I'm going to crack on with finishing up the legs feet and hands, so in maybe two weeks i should be able to try the whole thing on to test the fit prior to latex and paint Exciting times lol, I thought this would take me forever to get finished but it's moving along really quickly! Do any of the members here know where I could get a hold of some replica elbow and knee pads?? If I can buy them for the right price I'd prefer to do that, I do have the foam and faux leather to make them but really would prefer not to lol |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Anyone?? It would be a great help
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
Damn, that is one awesome mask!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 52
|
Hey guys,
So i managed to secure some knee pads, elbow pads and wrist straps from the coming out of their shell tour. They are made from real leather and will really add to my costume. I'll have some photos up later. I have a week off work at the end of march, so hopefully I'll I'll be able to get pics up of me wearing the suit mask shell and pads! This will be prior to latexing the muscle suit. It will give me a good look at the proportions of everything before I start the latex |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|