The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Change Is Constant Deluxe Edition Hardcover

July 3rd @ an SRP of $40...

Thought it was worth mentioning so I could ask: At $10/issue, can I assume this collection will be printed on sheets of pure gold?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Link?

The only place I've seen it listed is Amazon's $26.57 pre-order.

Supposedly they may include Kevin's layouts as well.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
I feel that special edition hardcovers should contain double the number of issues contained, if not a crapload of bonus material.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Damn, I'll buy it. I'm a sucker for hardcovers.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #5
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
I'll just buy it anyway, but here's hoping for lots of bonus material.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
July 3rd @ an SRP of $40...

Thought it was worth mentioning so I could ask: At $10/issue, can I assume this collection will be printed on sheets of pure gold?
Pure gold.........classic.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Link?

The only place I've seen it listed is Amazon's $26.57 pre-order.
Barnes & Noble is offering it a half-dollar(ish) more expensive. Still, discounted from the seemingly absurd SRP of $40...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
special edition hardcovers should contain double the number of issues contained
I'll agree with the price if that turns out to be the case.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Barnes & Noble is offering it a half-dollar(ish) more expensive. Still, discounted from the seemingly absurd SRP of $40...
How is $40 absurd for a full-color hardcover book that we really have no details on yet? Especially when the discounted prices are quite reasonable.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
How is $40 absurd for a full-color hardcover book that we really have no details on yet? Especially when the discounted prices are quite reasonable.
I think he's preceding on the assumption that this hard cover is only 4 issues, which makes the individual issues cost $10 each in the hard cover. There has to be more to it than just the 4 issues, though. If not, then that is a bit nutty.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #10
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
How is $40 absurd for a full-color hardcover book that we really have no details on yet? Especially when the discounted prices are quite reasonable.
Exactly. Especially because you are not only paying for those issues. You are paying for a nice, hardcover package. With Kevin's layouts to boot, and I'm sure a few more extras. I wouldn't be opposed to pay $40 for it but I know I can find it cheaper.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #11
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
The Amazon link says it will include Kevin's layouts for each issue as well as some preliminary art and totals 192 pages. That's about double the issues, so not too much "new" material, but a good amount of extras if you count the layouts. I bought the TPB so I could read the 4 issues as one story arc as intended, but I will probably pass on this... Eastman fans will probably be excited though.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant...0142406&sr=1-4
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
junkboy
Hench Mutant
 
junkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 443
The price is ok.
Just a bit more than the Deluxe Edition HCs of other companies.
but not that much.

I am going to skip the already released TPB and buy this one when it is released.

to be honest i love TPBs more. As long as they are not too thick, which having a probability of the pages falling apart... They are easy to read. Much less art lost cause of binding, compared to HCs.
But since i am buying this baby not for reading ( or at least not for a first experience reading, just for shelf collection ), while owning the single issues, Deluxe HC edition is a better choice for me.
__________________
junkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
For the Eastman layouts, I'll pick this up.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I could use a definition for "layouts".
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:31 PM   #15
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I could use a definition for "layouts".
It's like storyboards. The general placement, "camera" angles and blocking is done in layouts, to be referenced for the actual panel drawings.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #16
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I could use a definition for "layouts".
They've been printing some pages of these in the monthly books. Which brings me to the conclusion that you haven't been reading those. Which makes me wonder even more so why you're so snarky about the price of the book.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I could use a definition for "layouts".
This is a layout.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...46&GSub=124370

After the script is made, Kevin will ''Layout'' the story by drawing it, besically to show Dan what to draw. Often there will be notes next to a panel to let the artist know a certain feeling or mood that is to be captured in that particualr panel.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
They've been printing some pages of these in the monthly books. Which brings me to the conclusion that you haven't been reading those. Which makes me wonder even more so why you're so snarky about the price of the book.
Someone needs a nap. Why might you be getting so defensive about this? I'm just pointing out that hardcover + a few extra pages that aren't available elsewhere doesn't seem like a fair excuse for a 220% boost in SRP.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Someone needs a nap. Why might you be getting so defensive about this? I'm just pointing out that hardcover + a few extra pages that aren't available elsewhere doesn't seem like a fair excuse for a 220% boost in SRP.
But if you just want to read the stories, you can spend $12 on a TPB and read the stories. But a hardcover is a nicer package and for the collectors.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
I gotta agree with gobo that $40 MSRP is f***ing theft for even what this book is. For one, a hardcover book isn't that much nicer of a package (and certainly can't cost that much more to produce), and layouts don't constitute as full issues because of the simple fact they're works in progress, no matter how awesome.

So yeah, even at $25, I feel like this is highway robbery, but I'll still be buying it anyway because I really love Eastman's work.

"Collector" schmollector, something like this shouldn't be priced so high, and I can't understand ANYBODY defending that price.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.