The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your favorite episode from Season 9?
The Unknown Ninja 2 14.29%
Dregg of the Earth 0 0%
The Wrath of Medusa 1 7.14%
The New Mutation 0 0%
The Showdown 5 35.71%
Split-Second 2 14.29%
Carter, the Enforcer 2 14.29%
Doomquest 1 7.14%
They all stunk! 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
What is your favorite episode from Season 9?

Now we're coming down toward the end, and that comes to what the majority call the worst season in the OT, the only one without Shredder and Krang. But still, many of you still have an episode or two that you like. Please feel what you liked the most about this season. But this time, there is a special "they all sucked!" option for those who truly didn't like a single episode from this season.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
I, too, didn't care too much for the episodes at first since Shredder and Krang weren't in any of them but I learned to like them a lot more when Dregg met Shredder and Krang in Season 10.

My favorite is Carter The Enforcer. Watching that episode makes me feel like I'm watching The Wizard Of Oz, especially when the turtles return to the present and Raphael said, There's No Time Like The Present.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The first two were really good.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Now we're coming down toward the end, and that comes to what the majority call the worst season in the OT, the only one without Shredder and Krang.
Worst season? I really enjoyed the season nine episodes. They're still "red sky" episodes. So as far as I'm concerned, I love em.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,405
I actually don't think "the majority" even know the red sky era exists
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Foot Soldier Clang
Hench Mutant
 
Foot Soldier Clang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Big Apple, 3am
Posts: 456
I really enjoyed the Red Sky seasons. I chose the episode with Medusa because I thought she was a cool bounty hunter. I wish the OT had more female villains
__________________
My Collection
Foot Soldier Clang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
The Showdown.

How do you not vote for the episode guest starring Robbie Rist?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The Showdown.

How do you not vote for the episode guest starring Robbie Rist?
This. So this.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I voted doomquest for two reasons:

-So bad it's good! (the predictability is so funny, such as lasers coming from Doomquest's eyes, Dregg isn't even the biggest threat to the turtles in this episode, along with the turtles fighting each other for no apparent reason)
-It means that you've survived the Shredderless season!

Next week I'll post season 10's poll. Then, from the highest results of every poll that I've posted, minus the couple lowest scores for a total of 15 episode choices, I'll post a "best overall episode from the OT" poll to see what is really the most important episode of the entire series.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This. So this.
This. So this. Inception.

Plus it featured an array of crazy creatures/aliens/mutants etc.

Also I find it very ironic that this it was almost exactly like the Battlenexus. Pete does seem to pull things from universes he dislikes...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This. So this. Inception.

Plus it featured an array of crazy creatures/aliens/mutants etc.

Also I find it very ironic that this it was almost exactly like the Battlenexus. Pete does seem to pull things from universes he dislikes...
The battle nexus? No that episode was very similar to the Triceraton tournament.

The Turtles were forced to fight against their will, they come across a prisoner wanting to help them escape, and they get back to Earth in a device that looks very similar to a Transmat.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Not in plot, in concept. The facility itself. A ring for fights between all universes/species/etc.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
The one w/o Carter or Dregg. If you ask me, it's really suspicious how they both showed up at the same time.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
The one w/o Carter or Dregg. If you ask me, it's really suspicious how they both showed up at the same time.
According to David Wise he was tied up and gun put to his head and he had to work a story with these two new characters they wanted to refresh the show yet instead they gave him rotten tomatoes to work with. Only so much can be made with rotten tomatoes.

Seriously though,Split Second was great. It had a mysetious threat with a crazed maniac that the turtles helped create. Dregg showing up at the end seemed so unneccessary. Carter despite my negative opinion of him was put to good use here as well. Well done episode and head and shoulders above the other seven! The only other one I have any liking to is Doomesquest.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Lord Dregg was a well handled villain, he just shouldn't have been Shredder's replacement.

If anything he should have been a new secondary villain, like Bishop was in Seasons 3-4 of the 4kids series.

Either way Season 10 was much better and Dregg is well done.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #16
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
I'm really surprised at how much people don't like the ninth season. These were the first episodes I'd seen since I was ten years old watching "My Brother The Bad Guy" and "Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko" at the beginning of season five. I'd been really into sports for about five years during my tween and early teen years. And I was so incredibly impressed with what TMNT had become while I was away.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Season 9 was OK, it was just the weakest "red sky" season overall.

Season 8 was much better and Season 10 was pretty good as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I thought Season 10 was weaker.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:53 AM   #19
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lord Dregg was a well handled villain, he just shouldn't have been Shredder's replacement.

If anything he should have been a new secondary villain, like Bishop was in Seasons 3-4 of the 4kids series.

Either way Season 10 was much better and Dregg is well done.
I definitely agree with this. As a kid I had mixed feelings about him, but catching up with the later seasons and re-watching them now I like him much more. I think I just had a lot of resentment for him having replaced Shredder. You're right about him being in a Bishop role, that would've been great I think.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I definitely agree with this. As a kid I had mixed feelings about him, but catching up with the later seasons and re-watching them now I like him much more. I think I just had a lot of resentment for him having replaced Shredder. You're right about him being in a Bishop role, that would've been great I think.
True, the other problem is they get rid of all the other secondary villains too. Just cause Shredder/Krang were gone doesn't mean we couldn't still see Baxter, Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash, etc.

It felt like Season 10 was slowly starting to integrate the old stuff back, with Shredder/Krang and the Technodrome. If the show went on for a Season 11 its possible they would have mixed the new and old villains together.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode poll


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.