The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Tmnt #8 preview

See you all next week!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=11862

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
So many TMNT comics come out so quickly! It's getting hard to keep up!

I try not to read the word bubbles in the previews, but

Spoiler:
Did I spot some Neutrions on the last page?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
So many TMNT comics come out so quickly! It's getting hard to keep up!

I try not to read the word bubbles in the previews, but

Spoiler:
Did I spot some Neutrions on the last page?
I usually try to, because...

Spoiler:
Not only is Baxter aware of Apolex's existence, Krang has some knowledge of what is assumed to be the Foot. It answers nicely, "why didn't Baxter just use Hob for retrieving the mutagen," and also asks, "how does the Foot know about the mutagenic compound?"

After seeing Old Hob enjoying the destruction he is wreaking in this issue, anyone else think he'll hook up with Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady eventually? Because after his latest clash with the Turtles, he'd really fit in with our favorite punks and Apolex.

Frankly, I'd buy it for the Neutrino panel, as them having BFGs against the Stone Warriors? Oh, my.


Excellent preview, and thank you for the link, Mr. Waltz. I'm grateful for them, as I usually just wait to buy the issue, instead. I'm quickly becoming more and more intrigued with this series to indulge in the spoilers, and that's just fine.

Last edited by Killer Moth; 03-23-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
Is it just me or is this Duncan's best art yet? Everything looks much better than the first few issues.

Also Krang and Shredder possibly being enemies? I love it!
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,209
Wowwww.

Spoiler:
Mike getting mauled was awesome!

And those are some interesting revelations going on between Baxter and Krang. I still can't imagine what the hell Krang and Shredder would be enemies for... We know the Foot are fighting the French ninjas, but Krang seems to be just using Earth as a hideaway from his outer space war.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it just me or is this Duncan's best art yet? Everything looks much better than the first few issues.

Also Krang and Shredder possibly being enemies? I love it!
That is the best part of it all! We saw them as partners and I always wonder what it would be like for them to have a relationship similar to say General Blanque and Prime Leader Zandramon.

The last issue was worth twice the issue price for just one scene and that was the one which showed Krang in the chest compartment of the generic dicator outfit. Last issue when it gave Tragg's name and rank it confirmed the spelling of his name but naming him Captain threw me a little. I am only so familar with miltary ranks and though since Krang is the general than perhaps Brigidier. If not any type of general ranking isn't Luietenant next? So is there someone in command between Tragg and Krang? Hmmm....
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 03-23-2012 at 02:51 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #7
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Thanks for the preview! Came a bit earlier than usual...

I guess this confirms that the turtles and Old Hob were not only exposed to the super-soldier mutagen, but also the psychotropic serum. I guess that would explain why Leo is starting to see glimpses of his past life as opposed to regaining his past memories in full like Splinter.

I am a little bummed that the Shredder is going to throw in with the mutants right from the get-go, as I like seeing the Foot as a pure ninja clan, at least at first. Still, we'll see how it all shakes out since I'm not opposed to the idea in general. It just seems like it works better as a natural development in the narrative that he will seek out mutants only after seeing the challenge the turtles pose to his foot clan.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it just me or is this Duncan's best art yet? Everything looks much better than the first few issues.

Also Krang and Shredder possibly being enemies? I love it!
Indeed. The art looks spiffy.

Once you factor in issue #10's cover along with this issue, it's starting to appear that the comic's first year might end with a battle royale between Krang/Baxter/Old Hob, Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady and the Turtles. At least, one can hope.

And I'll second what Matches said about the mutant angle with Shredder. The Foot Clan using mutants is fine, but some extra build-up leading Shredder to go there as a tactic would have been more preferable. (Or, we may get that, anyway, via a flashback or one-shot issue.)
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Thanks for the preview! Came a bit earlier than usual...

I guess this confirms that the turtles and Old Hob were not only exposed to the super-soldier mutagen, but also the psychotropic serum. I guess that would explain why Leo is starting to see glimpses of his past life as opposed to regaining his past memories in full like Splinter.

I am a little bummed that the Shredder is going to throw in with the mutants right from the get-go, as I like seeing the Foot as a pure ninja clan, at least at first. Still, we'll see how it all shakes out since I'm not opposed to the idea in general. It just seems like it works better as a natural development in the narrative that he will seek out mutants only after seeing the challenge the turtles pose to his foot clan.
You may be on to something here, Matches Malone...

TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,209
I also loved how Raph still wants to kill Hob, I'd like to see him get his way.

Tom, the way Baxter talks, it seems like the Foot Clan made off with some goods after their break-in from #2/3. But in the actual issues, it looks like they lost all the loot down the sewer. What's the deal?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I also loved how Raph still wants to kill Hob, I'd like to see him get his way.

Tom, the way Baxter talks, it seems like the Foot Clan made off with some goods after their break-in from #2/3. But in the actual issues, it looks like they lost all the loot down the sewer. What's the deal?

I don't think that was the Foot's first time stealing some of the serums. True they lost the serums in #2 and #3 but then, how do you explain Alopex? They must've been able to obtain some of the goods before those issues for mutating her. Though you could argue why Stockgen didn't update their security after a few thefts.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I also loved how Raph still wants to kill Hob, I'd like to see him get his way.

Tom, the way Baxter talks, it seems like the Foot Clan made off with some goods after their break-in from #2/3. But in the actual issues, it looks like they lost all the loot down the sewer. What's the deal?
Mwahahahaha!!!
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #13
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWaltz View Post
Mwahahahaha!!!
Your evil laugh further supports my theory that Baxter is actually working for Shredder.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Your evil laugh further supports my theory that Baxter is actually working for Shredder.
Or that Tom took the loot!


One thing we don't know yet for sure is does the mutagen affect animals and make them humaniod or can a human become animal-like. The rock soliders seemed to be humans that were experimented on but was it the mutagen like what was used on the TMNT,Splinter,Hob, and Apolex?
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 03-23-2012 at 02:26 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Your evil laugh further supports my theory that Baxter is actually working for Shredder.

That works too. Maybe better than what I said.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Nice.

Spoiler:
There's definitely an improvement in the art (Mikey being attacked was fantastic), and it looks like we'll be having some big revelations soon. I'm not too sure if I liked seeing Neutrinos, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I also loved how Raph still wants to kill Hob, I'd like to see him get his way.

Tom, the way Baxter talks, it seems like the Foot Clan made off with some goods after their break-in from #2/3. But in the actual issues, it looks like they lost all the loot down the sewer. What's the deal?
I bet Baxter's double dipping
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #18
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
Ah man, Duncan's art is incredible in this issue! His best yet, I think.
I've been looking forward to this one since the previews came out! Love all the action and information we're being given!

PS: It's also nice how Raphael's sai are drawn like real sai and not stabby daggers! haha!
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Art looks awesome. loved Donnie's Line from the original movie about the bus
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Raphael's sai are drawn like real sai and not stabby daggers! haha!
Thanks for pointing that out. (Pun unintended.) I have always wondered why his weapons have been depicted like that in the many versions of TMNT.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic discussion, idw, tom waltz


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.