The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Chances of PG-13 "Ninja Turtles"?

I can't speak for everybody, but I would think most here (myself included) favor a moderate PG-13 approach for the new TMNT film. I just saw The Hunger Games and (without getting caught up in loving/hating that film) it was intense. For a book aimed at middle schoolers, I was blown away. It was rated PG-13. There's absolutely no reason why the new TMNT can't be.

Wasn't Transformers PG-13? I mean, usually Bay works within that rating it seems, and the director is a horror movies guy - could this film be our first PG-13 TMNT?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Yeah, I can see it happening. Most superhero films are PG-13. Plus, Bay says that one day kids will belive the turtles are real after the movie, so it's more likely to be PG-13.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
The chances of a PG-13 could be pretty good. A few of the Harry Potter films were PG-13 and kids were a big part of the fanbase not to mention that most comic book films are PG-13.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #4
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I would love to see a PG-13 film. With everyone attached to it it seems plausible.

I just hope they focus more on the super hero action portion of the franchise because a majority of super hero films are PG-13.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
Wasn't Transformers PG-13? I mean, usually Bay works within that rating it seems, and the director is a horror movies guy - could this film be our first PG-13 TMNT?
That's a movie he directed. The movies his company produced have been mostly R. Take that as you will.

Jesus Christ.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I really don't get the whole fascination that people have with the seemingly magical PG-13 rating.

If it means more action, explosions, and cool looking bad guys, then that's fine. But I don't really care how many cuss words get dropped or how much blood gets spewed all over the place.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
I just want something along the lines of the first flick which if released today would be PG-13 as long as the kids smoking was cut.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
As long as Leo doesn't do any gory slo-mo decapitations.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
I just want the Turtles to actually use their weapons.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Prior to Bay's involvement there probably wasn't too much chance of PG-13. Now, maybe, if that's what he wants. He'll get what he wants.

It still seems so tragic to me that it's like this huge big thing that a Ninja Turtle movie gets a rating that's OK for 13 year-olds. And yet it is.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-24-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm in an agreement with the precedent that most modern comic movies for a mass audience are PG-13. I see this flick being PG-13.

My big question is what in the 1st movie makes you guys think it would be re-rated if it were released now?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm in an agreement with the precedent that most modern comic movies for a mass audience are PG-13. I see this flick being PG-13.

My big question is what in the 1st movie makes you guys think it would be re-rated if it were released now?
Underage smoking, maybe.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #13
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm in an agreement with the precedent that most modern comic movies for a mass audience are PG-13. I see this flick being PG-13.

My big question is what in the 1st movie makes you guys think it would be re-rated if it were released now?
There is some blood in it. and the violence would most likely bump it up a bit. The movie did get targeted for that by the media resulting in the loss of weapons in #2.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
My big question is what in the 1st movie makes you guys think it would be re-rated if it were released now?
Gay jokes.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I'll say that with the talent involved the chances of a PG13/12A rated TMNT film is very high.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Among other "intense thematic elements" from the first movie.

*April (a woman) gets slapped around by some male attackers.

*Raphael gets the snot beat out of him and tossed through a ceiling window.

*Poor injured Raphael has to be slowly nursed back to life as his brothers wait around anxiously.

*Splinter is assumed to be dead, and he gives his depressed sons his "farewell address."

*Shredder gets crushed (to death, supposedly) by a garbage truck callously activated by one of the main "heroes."

Yeah, that first movie was good stuff, indeed!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-23-2012 at 08:22 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
You're starting to sound like Phil Phillips, winters.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You're starting to sound like Phil Phillips, winters.
The singer or the Fundamentalist?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryukenden View Post
As long as Leo doesn't do any gory slo-mo decapitations.
I'd watch that... What is wrong with a little slo mo gore scenes? :3 Imagine all the stabby scenes we could have!

Truly though I just want to see ninja action :O Like when Leo goes across the wall in Turtles forever, or the cool on top of building scene in the intro of the 2k3 show. I just want to see me some awesome ninja action... which really doesn't need a high or low rating to do.

I could go with any rating frankly.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
The singer or the Fundamentalist?
The fundamentalist author.

Who's Phil Phillips the singer?

Also...really?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.