The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Are You 'Over It' Regarding Mask Color?

Has any one let go of how they first felt about the mask matter in the IDW book? Have you moved on?

I know I have!
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Princess Anri
Hench Mutant
 
Princess Anri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 328
Yes. I moved on instantly.

I liked the all red bandanas.

But this is fine too.
__________________
Donnie: You're a claustrophobic!

Casey: You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy before.
Princess Anri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Grimlock
Hench Mutant
 
Grimlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Behind you
Posts: 393
Did we have a choice? Yeah, it sucks but yes, we move on.
__________________
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #4
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,214
I was over it the day #5 came out, only fuss out of me was due to the debate we were having in that one thread.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Define "over it". I still wish they had red masks. I'm not gonna write IDW or bitch about it in issue reviews, though.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
I can't believe people have a strong opinion one way or another.

I couldn't care either way. Red or Colored, it's all the same to me. I never had any qualms about it.

But seriously, how can anyone care SO much about a bandana color? It's a COMIC...
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I think the big issue was the bait and switch. We saw red bandanas from the start and then suddenly "Here are you're colored masks, my sons." It seemed a bit off. That and many fans see the comics as Turtles in their purest form...and in that pure form the Turtles wear all red.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I wonder if IDW is really gonna run with the all-red bandanas cover for #9 since they are still colored that way in the latest preview at the end of issue #8.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:33 PM   #9
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Well, I guess that makes sense. But for people to worked up either way is just silly. I like the red bandanas, but colored is fine, too. I don't pay attention to colors of bandanas when I'm reading a story.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
It never bothered me in the first place.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Define "over it". I still wish they had red masks. I'm not gonna write IDW or bitch about it in issue reviews, though.
Sounds like you've moved on like I have.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #12
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!
 
mysterycolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,481
never made a difference for me
__________________
mysterycolor TMNT ebay auctions- http://bit.ly/mysterycolor
mysterycolor's basement auctions- bit.ly/mysterybasement
mysterycolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
Quote:
I can't believe people have a strong opinion one way or another.
Hm. Were you, like, absent from the boards for like the past... entire duration of the IDW series? It's OK if you were, of course. I only ask because it's the only possible conclusion I can arrive at for you to be arriving at such a statement in the here and now.

Quote:
But seriously, how can anyone care SO much about a bandana color? It's a COMIC...
I'm going to not comment on that for reasons of it being... ridiculous, on many levels. Number one, comic book discussions on message boards... eh, you know what, never mind. It's just not worth the energy.

Anyway, honest thoughts:

I'm beginning to see that all-red masks would not suit or befit the direction they appear to be going in (if things are to be rather quasi-Fred Wolf centric, I'd just as soon the "all-red TMNT" continue to be confined to the source material). That said, while I can appreciate the IDW team "honoring the roots" with the initial red-bandannaing, I think the reasoning for going rainbow is pretty sketchy and dodgy at best and would have preferred not to have been baited-and-switched.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-29-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:41 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
Also, it seems that the "all red" still leads by some 60%:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=multi-colored

And oh, since we're on the subject, I posted something in that thread that I noticed didn't see a lot of response. Let me repost here for sh**s and giggles:

Quote:
Rank 102 for 12/11: TMNT #5 -- 19,689 copies
#5 hits, at the end of which we see them getting the rainbow bandannas. And then...

Quote:
Rank 100 for 1/12: TMNT #6 -- 18,773 copies
... the book loses about a thousand readers.

I thought the general idea from a lot of the pro-rainbow bandanna people was that it would boost sales?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
What do #7's sales numbers look like, smarty-pants?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:03 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
What do #7's sales numbers look like, smarty-pants?
Rank 107 for 2/12: TMNT #7 -- 18,769 copies

So one issue later with the continued rainbow bandannas, it lost 4 more readers. In theory.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #17
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
... the book loses about a thousand readers.

I thought the general idea from a lot of the pro-rainbow bandanna people was that it would boost sales?
Another way to look at it is it climbed up 2 ranks from 102 to 100. And then... fell down to 107. <shrugs>
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 AM   #18
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, it seems that the "all red" still leads by some 60%:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=multi-colored

And oh, since we're on the subject, I posted something in that thread that I noticed didn't see a lot of response. Let me repost here for sh**s and giggles:



#5 hits, at the end of which we see them getting the rainbow bandannas. And then...



... the book loses about a thousand readers.

I thought the general idea from a lot of the pro-rainbow bandanna people was that it would boost sales?
But if it gained 2 ranks by losing 1000 readers, doesn't that mean that everyone lost readers?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #19
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
some like their Batman all back, some black and gray and other prefer the gray and blue costume.

I have a preference, it's the red masks, but it's not bugging me to the point where I'm standing on the roof top screaming "TOOOOOM WAAAAALTZ!" shaking my fists in the air. Or ranting on the net, which ever makes more sense

In the end, this isn't the Mirage comics, and as long as the stories are good, the art is top notch and coloring is solid. I be a happy camper.

And I'll take this Hamato Yoshi/Splinter of the Fred Wolf Hamato Yoshi/Splinter anytime
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:44 AM   #20
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Didn't really bother me in the first place.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bandana changes, idw


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.