The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
The Greg Cipes Appreciation Thread

I've heard nothing but great, hilarious things coming from (or about) Greg Cipes. He seems so down to earth and a perfect choice for Michelangelo in the new show - you can tell he's really embracing the role. You can also tell from interviews and the way he connects with fans on Twitter that he's a really cool dude. That story on Paulsen's radio show (I forgot what it was called) was laugh out loud funny.

I think I'll always favor Rist first and foremost as Mike, but I'm confident that Cipes is going to deliver a very engaging and creative take on the party dude!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Track down the Onion Movie. Cipes plays a college protester who tries to broker a peace deal with two waring countries. It's great. I posted that bit on Youtube when I heard he was Mikey as a sample of his potential "Mikey Voice" but it was pulled due to rights issues.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Raphael86
Foot Soldier
 
Raphael86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth.
Posts: 117
Cipes was funny as hell in Fast and Furious.

As soon as I heard he was cast, I could just hear his voice from the Teen Titans DVD interviews and knew he was perfect for Mikey.
__________________
Raphael86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I can say nothing else but that Cipes is the man! Growing up on the Teen Titans, he made Beast Boy one of my childhood heroes. I love his role as Kevin Levin in the Ben 10 series, and as Chiro in Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! I can wait to see what he brings to the table as Mikey!
__________________




Last edited by TurtleTitan97; 04-09-2012 at 07:48 PM.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
I don't remember much about Fast and Furious. He played a cowboy apparently? I'll have to chex it again.

I wish he was in Fast Five, instead. That I'd have no problems rewatching.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
Raphael86
Foot Soldier
 
Raphael86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth.
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I don't remember much about Fast and Furious. He played a cowboy apparently? I'll have to chex it again.

I wish he was in Fast Five, instead. That I'd have no problems rewatching.
He wasn't in it much, just a cameo. But he was hilarious.
__________________
Raphael86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,177
Just so everyone knows, you can follow him on Twitter @GregCipes.

He talks TMNT pretty frequently, interacts with fans, and gives many meditation tips.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #8
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
He's a singer too.

__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I think Greg will do a great job as Mikey.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Have to agree with BubblyShell, I think Cipes will be the perfect Mikey! How could he not when he practically IS the party dude!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I have a feeling his version of Michelangelo will be the best one yet!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
He made Beast Boy for me. Cipes is awesome!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
He appears to be passionate about the role as well. Hopefully that enthusiasm will reflect in the show.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, I loved Beast Boy in Teen Titans as well. And his enthusiasm is encouraging to say the least.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #15
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Beast Boy was the bomb! He was the best Titan on the show! Too bad about the whole Terra thing...
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zany Orange Dude View Post
He appears to be passionate about the role as well. Hopefully that enthusiasm will reflect in the show.
Totally, Cipes is completely embracing his role as Mikey. I'm sure that will come across in the show!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,177
I'm most excited to hear Hoon Lee and Cipes because those are the two VA's Rob Paulsen is most complimentary of.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Hoon Lee! Now there's another person I can't wait to hear! You're right, Rob Paulsen does seem to compliment both guys a lot.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #19
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i just hope he'd add a lil bit husky effect when doing mikey's voice
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Yeah,kind of like a layed back version of Kevin Leven from Ben 10 Alien force-Ultimate Alien.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.