The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which TMNT universe has the best replay value?
Mirage 5 15.15%
Fred Wolf 14 42.42%
Archie 1 3.03%
Movies 4 12.12%
4kids 5 15.15%
Image 0 0%
IDW 2 6.06%
Video Games ('80s-'90s) 2 6.06%
Video Games (2000s) 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #1
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Which TMNT universe has the best Replay value?

We've discussed about the best TMNT franchise simply in terms of quality, along with many other categories. But like video games (in which this poll has two choices itself), it seems like some of us enjoy the replay value for certain incarnations more. You still find it just a fresh as the last time watching/reading/playing, and it just never gets old. Then there may be others that are great the first or second time, but just don't measure up at a future time. Please express your thoughts.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I generally rewatch the cartoons a lot more than the comics. I suppose it has to do with just liking to sit down in front of TV then reading.

That being said I've re-read my Mirage issues a lot of times over the years, as well as the Archie series.

I've seen all 4 movies multiple times as well.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Man...that's tough. I know of the series, FW has the most replay value for me. Comics, it's Archie. Video Games, is a toss up. The Konami games from the 90's are classics, and the 3D games they did for the 4klids series were kinda fun, but very repetitive (actually all the games are very repetitive.) I guess if I had to choose, it'd be the retro games, as that's where if fit in the gaming realm.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
For me it's the 4kids show.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
I voted the '87 cartoon simply because I have not gone more than two months without watching at least one episode since the age of two. The movies and games can get repetitive after watching them 20 times and the games after beating it several times its something to get into only whwn getting an urge every so often and that goes for both set of video games.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Mirage for me. I've read Vol. 1 about ten times and it's still not old to me.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Hard to say Mirage just because of all the different things it encompasses.

I'll say the OT. It never gets old. First movie would be a close second though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
Mirage for me. I've read Vol. 1 about ten times and it's still not old to me.
Even all those guest issues in the middle?

I think I also re-read the Image series somewhere around 10 times over the years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
The Mirage universe may be my favorite, but I think the OT has the most replay value. I can only look at still images & text so many times.
Flashing pictures and bright colors & lasers and stuff, there's always something new to see. Plus meals go better with TV than comics, haha.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Even all those guest issues in the middle?

I think I also re-read the Image series somewhere around 10 times over the years.
I'll admit, some of those issues are a bit stale. But as far as the E&L stuff ''RTNY'' and ''CAW'', nope. Never gets old for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Plus meals go better with TV than comics, haha.
Yes, yes they do.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #11
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
I am going to go with the OT. I can watch that thing over and over again and still get a laugh out of it. Even though 2k3 isn't far behind it. I re-watch both often. Now thinking about it, I have watched the first film a lot as well.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #12
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The Mirage universe may be my favorite, but I think the OT has the most replay value. I can only look at still images & text so many times.
Flashing pictures and bright colors & lasers and stuff, there's always something new to see. Plus meals go better with TV than comics, haha.
Agreed and loled at this so much.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I guess it just comes down to the mentality that I'd rather "watch something" than "read something."

Plus when you read comics you have to take each of them out of the plastics, sit and concentrate on them, put them back in the plastics, etc.

Although every 2 years or so I generally do re-read my entire TMNT comic collection. Earlier this year I actually re-read the entire Archie series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
classic cartoon series for me. I watch those way more often than any of the other versions. And i genuanly still enjoy them, it is not just nostalgia at work.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #15
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
The first film, hands-down. I don't know how many times I've seen it. Wish I could have been in San Jose for the recent screening.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I was gonna vote movies, but then realized that included 2, 3, and TMNT. If it was just movie 1, then yeah. But I went with 4Kids, cause I could watch those eps over and over.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #17
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I finally voted FW series, because as I've said before, I can watch more FW episodes in a row than 4kids.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #18
chris350
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 32
I love the 2k3 toon, but I've re-read the Image series a lot. I love the storyline and the art. I'm glad that the changes were dropped from continuity, but it is a terrific read.
chris350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:26 AM   #19
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I voted 'movies', but let it be known that it's only for the first film. I could watch the first movie once a week if I really wanted to, but I don't, I try to limit it to at least once a year, that way the next viewing feels more fresh due to the span of time inbetween viewings.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #20
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Out of that list, I'd have to say the OT series. ^^;;; Since going back, I always watch an ep at least once or twice a week. The first movie has a lot of rewatch value for me as well. I'd also say the games put out by Konami in the 90s has a lot of replay value too. Hm, the Mirage comics have good reread value too...can't decide.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.