The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Japanese tmnt

Does any one know if the japenese tmnt DVDs are dubbed or subtitled in English? I'd like to get into that version if it was. I really want to see the super mutant episodes. Any one here see them before? And how differnt was there show compared to the American version?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
There are no Japanese DVDs of any of the series (unless you count the extremely limited releases of the 4KIDS cartoon). The 2-episode OVA DVD is subtitled in Engrish, but is a bootleg.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Crap I dint know it was a bootleg.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No harm in it, provided you can find a copy. It is all that exists, after all. Fortunately I got one back in 2008. It's cool as hell. The label/disc look mad legit. The quality isn't fantastic but it's definitely better than what you see on youtube. It has subtitles & even bonus features (Japanese TMNT toy commercials).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
There is a fan-dub of it online in English. I personally can't stand it strictly because Leo has an Australian accent, but over-all you can tell there was plenty of hard work put into it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
Since it's a fandub it means all the original music is gone right?

I wouldn't say the subtitles are Engrish, they are definitely done by an American at least the ones I saw and the quality was great, and it did include the commercials for the toys in the end.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
So do you guys think it's worth tracking down a DVD or just find it online to watch?
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
There's like three fandubs. The only decent one I lost many years ago (it was in RealPlayer - that would tell you how old it was).
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
I think if you have an interest in seeing it, then it's worth tracking down to watch. The Turtles use a crystal to turn into "Super Mutation" forms, which are... interesting looking. lol. Here's a subtitled version. Not DVD quality, but definitely watch-able. Then you can judge whether or not you'd like to track down a DVD copy.

:::EDIT:::
I just realized I probably shouldn't post the direct links to the episodes here. So, if you go to the website http://www.dailymotion.com and type "Japanese TMNT Superman Legend" in the search bar, you'll find all three parts there.
:::/EDIT:::

Last edited by Nintendophile; 04-22-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I might as well plug the fan-scanned, fan-translated, & fan-lettered version of the "Super Turtles" manga series:

Volume 1
Volume 2
Mutant Turtles Gaiden

The anime is pretty hilarious, IMO. I certainly recommend fans track down that DVD.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I have the DVD, too. It's a good production for a bootleg; video and audio copied straight from the original VHS releases (and the cover art is of one of the VHS boxes and not some photoshop trash). Bonus features were cool, too.

The subs are accurate and free of engrish. The only fumble is that the person doing it wasn't too familiar with some aspects of the Fred Wolf cartoon and Neutrino is spelled "Newtorino" I believe.

Personally, what I'd recommend is that you watch the OVAs on you tube in low quality first.

Do you like them?

If the answer is yes, then make the effort to track down the bootleg DVD. If they didn't really do anything for you, then I wouldn't recommend going throught he trouble.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #12
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Hey thanks guys Im watching them right now. first thing I noticed our april is better looking hahah.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I might as well plug the fan-scanned, fan-translated, & fan-lettered version of the "Super Turtles" manga series:

Volume 1
Volume 2
Mutant Turtles Gaiden

The anime is pretty hilarious, IMO. I certainly recommend fans track down that DVD.
Once I get the last of the Shogakukan pic books I'll take pics and send them to you
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.