The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Happy Earth Day, Dudes and Dudettes!

Happy Earth Day! Did the totally tubular "Turtle Tips" PSAs help you become more eco-friendly back in the day? I remember they definitely had a positive affect on me.

So, did you pay attention to the tips the Turtles gave, or did you tune-out once the episode was over? Share the influence they had on you, if any.



Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Wow , I had forgotten about this, but they are right on with what's going on nowadays, Funny enough I did find vegan marshmallows at The store.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
Wow , I had forgotten about this, but they are right on with what's going on nowadays, Funny enough I did find vegan marshmallows at The store.
Vegan marshmallows actually taste really good! ^_^
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Don't forget

Don't forget "Shredder's Mom" or the Archie Comics...
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I find it ironic that the same network that cancelled the OT for not being "educational" also had these, which I thought were wonderful. They could have more during Red Sky to perhaps "save the show". I enjoyed them though as it was "bonus TMNT" footage, and consider it part of the OT canon, each turtle Tip taking place between a S4 episode.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,182
Of course they're totally canon, I mean they even explain how they get their money and how some stuff on the lair works and you just get to see the turtles hang around when there is no trouble. Original animation in the same style as the show and the original actors, why wouldn't anyone want them on DVD, all the shorts combined form basically a 22 minute episode.

I never saw them as a kid but as far as PSAs go they are done fairly well and do feel a little more personalized than other PSAs.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
"Hey Joey! I got some stuff ya just gotta try!

What is it?!

pot...you know...MARIJUANA!"

Lol I remember that one the best, and those other ones are funny too. I would say that the TMNT definitely did help me out in a lot of those environmental areas, for sure. At least subconsciously...it wasn't until I read Tolkien that I really became a tree hugger but I'd say that the Turtles definitely influenced that somehow too.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #8
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Happy Earth Day!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Of course they're totally canon, I mean they even explain how they get their money and how some stuff on the lair works and you just get to see the turtles hang around when there is no trouble. Original animation in the same style as the show and the original actors, why wouldn't anyone want them on DVD, all the shorts combined form basically a 22 minute episode.

I never saw them as a kid but as far as PSAs go they are done fairly well and do feel a little more personalized than other PSAs.
How do they get money? Rob banks holind up their weapons scaring away the staff?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Happy Earth Day, everyone!
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,381
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I didn't even know it was Earth Day. I never really paid attention to the environmental PSAs, but I did like that one drug one they did. I'm not one for environment stuff anyone because the whole global warming thing is just ridiculous.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #13
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
What's ridiculous is the crazy weather we've been having lately..
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, it is. But what I mean about global warming is that they want to try and blame it on us when it's a natural process that's been around for a long time with the greenhouses gases. It's not something you can really control, despite what that idiot known as Al Gore claims.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #15
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Oh and happy Earth day!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #16
Type 97 Chi-ha
Mad Scientist
 
Type 97 Chi-ha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brookfield, IL
Posts: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
What's ridiculous is the crazy weather we've been having lately..
You've never lived in Chicagoland, have you? Crazy weather elsewhere is quite the norm here.

Arbor Day arrives this Friday BTW. That's where you are supposed to plant trees.
Type 97 Chi-ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:58 PM   #17
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
What's ridiculous is the crazy weather we've been having lately..
Pay me a visit it's been weird here
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #18
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
How do they get money? Rob banks holind up their weapons scaring away the staff?
One of the PSAs showed them turning in aluminum cans for money.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #19
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
Pay me a visit it's been weird here
Here in Ohio we're supposed to get some snow this week. In New York they might get up to a foot. This might not be out of the ordinary for other places of the world, but for the north-east corner of the U.S., it's kind of odd.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:47 PM   #20
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
"Hey Joey! I got some stuff ya just gotta try!

What is it?!

pot...you know...MARIJUANA!"

Lol I remember that one the best, and those other ones are funny too. I would say that the TMNT definitely did help me out in a lot of those environmental areas, for sure. At least subconsciously...it wasn't until I read Tolkien that I really became a tree hugger but I'd say that the Turtles definitely influenced that somehow too.
"I'm no chicken, you're a TURKEY!"

..... Joey really burned him with that zinger, eh? Hehe.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.