The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
so,how IS the archie reprint?

hey, I just noticed that I have invoiced the archie reprint from idw, that means I may be getting it delivered this week...has anybody here bought it already, if so what were your thoughts on it?
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I don't think it's out until tomorrow.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Isn't it just the '09 one again?
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Isn't it just the '09 one again?
That's what I thought too, just without the "25th anniversary" logo on the cover.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Isn't it just the '09 one again?
Wasn't that reprinted in black and white? Wouldnt it be a little ironic if IDW reprints Archie in b&w and Mirage in color?
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
nickn
Foot Soldier
 
nickn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hartford, IL
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Wasn't that reprinted in black and white? Wouldnt it be a little ironic if IDW reprints Archie in b&w and Mirage in color?
the 25th archie is in color.
nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickn View Post
the 25th archie is in color.
Ah, I must have been thinking about the Future Tense TPB.
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I'm still confused as to what this thread is referring to.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
idw reprints the archie series from now on(in addition to their mirage reprints of course and soon tales of the tmnt reprints)...it was said this first reprint from idw of the archie series was gonna include the first four issues as I recall...but the promo of this book looks just like a mirage reprint from 2009, so I wanted to find out if anybody here had already bought it and could review it a little bit(extras?covers included etc?)
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #10
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
It's exactly the same as the 2009 book.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #11
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Hey guys I want to read the Archie issues should I buy the reprints or buy the first prints???
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
hey, I just noticed that I have invoiced the archie reprint from idw, that means I may be getting it delivered this week...has anybody here bought it already, if so what were your thoughts on it?
Picked it up at my LCS this morning...as others have said it's the same content as the 25th Anniv. However, the cover on this version is matte and has a vellum-like feel to it...kind of a cool format really. Cross between a trade and regular comic.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hey guys I want to read the Archie issues should I buy the reprints or buy the first prints???
Buy the issues. IDW's going to take way too long to reprint the whole thing, if they ever manage to actually get it done.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Most of the Archie issues can still be found at mycomicsshop.com or even ninjaturtles.com online story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #15
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
Is this available on Amazon? I can't seem to find it listed anywhere.
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolturtlesfan View Post
Is this available on Amazon? I can't seem to find it listed anywhere.
To my knowledge this is Direct Market only as it's categorized as a comic book and not a trade paperback. So, only comic book stores will have this (unless you find a seller on Amazon that's selling it from their Amazon store).
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Most of the Archie issues can still be found at mycomicsshop.com or even ninjaturtles.com online story.
You can also go on eBay!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #18
oldschoolturtlesfan
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
To my knowledge this is Direct Market only as it's categorized as a comic book and not a trade paperback. So, only comic book stores will have this (unless you find a seller on Amazon that's selling it from their Amazon store).
Okay thanks man. Is IDW printing the rest of the Archie series in TPB form?
oldschoolturtlesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hey guys I want to read the Archie issues should I buy the reprints or buy the first prints???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Buy the issues. IDW's going to take way too long to reprint the whole thing, if they ever manage to actually get it done.
I second to Rose's recommendation.

If IDW decides to add some short but original content based on the style and tone of either the vintage cartoon or TMNTA comics, then they'll definitely convince me to double-dip and buy these TPBs.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
rich
Mad Scientist
 
rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolturtlesfan View Post
Okay thanks man. Is IDW printing the rest of the Archie series in TPB form?
I think their plan is to do so but it will take years to get them all out.
__________________

rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comic dicussion, comic discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.