The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite turtle within the pages of IDW's ongoing TMNT series?
Raphael 5 20.83%
Michelangelo 6 25.00%
Donatello 8 33.33%
Leonardo 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Favorite IDW Turtle

Now that all 4 Micro's are out, who been your favorite so far?

Mikey's been pretty funny, and other than #7 he hasn't annoyed me yet, but he hasn't done anything special.

Leo has been a massive d-bag. Not bad writing on Tom's part, because I feel like he's not supposed to be a likable character, but I could be wrong. I dislike Leo in most iterations anyways, so I'm not complaining.

I like what's been set-up for Raph so far, and he rocked in #9, but he hasn't done a whole lot since being reunited with his family.

So my vote easily goes to Donnie. He doesn't take Leo's sh*t, he's saved their butts a good many times already, and hasn't been overly nerdy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I really like that Raph is not so hotheaded for once. He's a loner but he has never been angry, just motivated like when Splinter went missing. His dynamic with Mike is also better because they feel like close buds.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
It's a toss-up between Don and Leo. The former, because he's willing to challenge Leo's authority than he ever did in past versions, and hopefully, it may play up to a major clash between the two in the future. And the latter, because of his past memories with his mother, adding a nice bit of depth or emotional turmoil to him, as well. As always, we'll see where it goes, especially by the end of the first year.

And +1 to what CyberCubed said about Raph, as I like his temper being toned down, too.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
I am curious,no matter what version I like the Ninja Turtles in exact same order as I have since I was a toddler. Is this the case for anyone else? For me its always 1.Mike 2. Raph 3. Leo and 4.Don. Never changed or differed per version. Now I like Mike and Raph's portrayal in the '87 cartoon the most and Leo's and Don's in the 2003 cartoon the most but its the same order of favortism.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
At first I thought it was Mike, but after giving it a little more thinking, I think I'd have to go with Don. Now I love Mikey in every incarnation, as I enjoy his lighthearted, goofy charm but Mikey really hasn't done much for me in the IDW comics as of yet. So I guess I am still kind of waiting.
Don has to be my favorite so far. I really enjoyed his micro issue. So I am going to have to go with the turlte in the purple mask.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I'm going with Mikey.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
4! Count on Raphael to throw the first punch!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really like that Raph is not so hotheaded for once. He's a loner but he has never been angry, just motivated like when Splinter went missing. His dynamic with Mike is also better because they feel like close buds.
That's the one early Mirage theme I love in this iteration! I always felt like that kinship between Mike and Raph was lost after Casey came into the picture.

As far as which Turtle is my fave, I love them all but I'm enjoying seeing how Raph is developing and seeing Donatello be more outspoken and ballsy toward Leo is pretty cool.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'm really not sure... I mean, Raph's always been my favorite, but i do like how they're shaping Donatello's character. The fact that he's the "smart one" paired with his skepticism of their origin, makes him an interesting character, IMO
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Leo will always be my favorite turtle, but I'm with Jester on this. Donny is being turned into one awesome dude. Not that he wasn't before.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Leo will always be my favorite turtle, but I'm with Jester on this. Donny is being turned into one awesome dude. Not that he wasn't before.
Indeed, in recent years Donnie has really grown on me. I blame 4Kids's Donnie for his growth in my estimation. IDW is certainly helping as well. (And another certain new Donnie tidbit also plays into this as well. )
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
I agree, I love how Donny is clashing with Leo. But to me, I think Leo is going to have a lot of character development in this series. I like how he is the only one being shown (for now), to have those ''flashbacks''. And his defeat in the Leo issue I think is going make some good story telling about his inner tumoil. Lots of good stuff to come, I hope.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Donatello's micro was the best. He reminded me a lot of '87 Donny for some reason, since he was intelligent and somewhat sarcastic and butted heads with KirbyFan '01.

His expressions were great too but that was because of the art. I thought it was superb.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Raphael.

I'm so predictable.
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
i like Leonardo's characterization in IDW. he's not perfect and he knows it. he carries too much on his shoulders... as seen in the micro. he may act like a goodie-goodie and and a jerk at times... but i think he's going to grow more as a character than the other three. raph too.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Mikey. It comes across that he has heart, cares about his family, is the light hearted one yet can be serious - he's reminded me of 4Kids Mike at times, while at other times he most resembles Mike from movie 1...my two favorite versions! I love the Mikey/Raph bond being showcased so early on, it really comes through that they're close buds. Plus, I finally decided to take residence in the Mikey camp once IDW started their series...I could tell during issue 1 he was going to be written awesomely. So yeah, Mikey!

I'm basing this off of which IDW Turtle I like best, not which Micro was my favorite - Leo's issue was the best, which probably makes Leo my 2nd favorite in this series thus far. I wasn't a fan of Donnie's Micro really, but I love how he doesn't take crap from Leo.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #17
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Donatello's micro was the best. He reminded me a lot of '87 Donny for some reason, since he was intelligent and somewhat sarcastic and butted heads with KirbyFan '01.

His expressions were great too but that was because of the art. I thought it was superb.
Yeah the art gave an OT feel. It was also a good read.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
This_is_my_username
Random Punk
 
This_is_my_username's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Raph and Don, although all four have potential for well developed, deeper personalities.
__________________
"You already have a bow tie collection."
"And your lizard stuff!"
"I know, but every lizard has a bow tie and lizard stuff collection."
This_is_my_username is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.