The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
saul
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 161
B.B. Hiller Novelizations any good?

Has anyone read the B.B. Hiller books for the first three movies? Are they any good?

I noticed that they seem slim, like only 90 pages or so, which makes them shorter than the screenplays. I wanted to know if the books have any dialog or descriptions that the movies don't. Thanks if you know!
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Basically nothing that we don't already know. There were also versions by Random House that are somewhat shorter but feature full-color pictures.
B.B. Hill's is basically third-grade reading, while the Random House versions are second-grade reading. Still, I find the Hiller books a good synopsis as the action is taking place. The Random House books do have some personality profile pages about the main characters.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I just finished his version of TMNT II (I bought it with a bunch of other elementary school age chapter books) and was surprised by how much was cut out. The Foot acquiring the ooze...so cut down. I can't remember much more...it didn't stick well, I do remember finding some things interesting when it came to placement. Also Keno is the one who Shredder threatens to ooze at the end...there were other changes, but I can't remember them all...I could easily sit and take another hour to read it and make a full report, but that seems VERY unnecessary.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
cammy85
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
The end of the TMNT novel and comic dealt with April and Danny trying to pitch a Ninja Turtles comic but being rejected because the idea was too "far-fetched". Raphael looks at the viewer and asks "Far-fetched??"

Last edited by cammy85; 05-02-2012 at 08:22 AM.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i wanna get all of these novels
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.