The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
TMNT Costumed Characters Debut at Nick Hotel Memorial Day Weekend

On Ninja Pizza.

Quote:
TMNT costumed characters will begin appearing at Nick Hotel for meet and greets starting this upcoming Memorial Day weekend. No details about the meet and greets are available, but expect the costumes to be the same as the ones seen at Nickelodeon Universe back in March for the grand opening of the TMNT: Shell Shock ride (which, as an aside, has been closed for unknown maintenance reasons for the last few weeks). You can expect the Turtles to be an on-going attraction at the resort as the premiere of the new CGI series this fall comes ever closer.

If you're like me and you've never heard of Nick Hotel, here's how Nickelodeon describes it:

Located in the heart of Orlando’s tourism district, Nickelodeon Suites Resort, otherwise known as the Nick Hotel, is much more than a place for guests to lay their heads at night. From two over-the-top pool complexes with slides and flumes, to live entertainment and Character Breakfast featuring Nickelodeon’s beloved characters, to a multimillion dollar 4-D Theater, to the colorfully themed KidSuites and gallons upon gallons of slime, Nick Hotel offers nonstop activity from dawn to dusk for the entire family any time of the year.

Sounds neat!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
How cool!..Now I just need a reason to travel to Orlando..
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Wow thats awsome and am I the only one whos never heard of a 4-d theater before?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
am I the only one whos never heard of a 4-d theater before?
No. What the heck?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #5
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
I've seen 4D theaters at Six Flags & Sea World before. I once asked an attendant what the fourth dimension was while waiting in line was she replied, "water and stuff".

But yeah the seats usually spray water/air/bubbles or something at you during the show.... right?
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoNerdo View Post
I've seen 4D theaters at Six Flags & Sea World before. I once asked an attendant what the fourth dimension was while waiting in line was she replied, "water and stuff".

But yeah the seats usually spray water/air/bubbles or something at you during the show.... right?
Yes, there's a Muppet 3-D movie at Disney that does that, too. Like, if there's an explosion on screen, they'll pump fog into the theatre so it looks like smoke. Or if a character is blowing bubbles on screen, bubbles will be blown into the theatre. Pretty neat!

As for the Turtles costumed characters, I now have even more of a reason to want to go to Florida: Disney World, and now this!
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
We drove past that in March, seeing that Nickelodeon sign made me think "they own the turtles!" I wish it was there when I came, but its in a great location that's only about two miles from Disney. Too bad I didn't go to the TMNT show when I was at MGM in 1994, however.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I look forward to the Ninja Turtles making a cameo on the revamped Double Dare program.

Nick has its green slime, the Turtles have their mutagen... it's a match made in heaven!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
anybody think the turtles look a bit too young? other than that the costumes r very neat
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Michelangelo's face is kind of creepy...
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #11
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I look forward to the Ninja Turtles making a cameo on the revamped Double Dare program.

Nick has its green slime, the Turtles have their mutagen... it's a match made in heaven!
There bringing back double dare? Awsome now let's get wild and crazy kids back. I always loved those shows. I also seen that figure it outs coming back to.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #12
Method101
Random Punk
 
Method101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koi View Post
Michelangelo's face is kind of creepy...
hahaha was just thinking the same thing lol
Method101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Wow. This sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing, Rose.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 AM   #14
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I wonder if Universal will add the Turtles to their Universal Studios parks too, like they did with their other Nick properties. I'm making it a tradition to go to Universal Studios Orlando at least once a year, usually around Halloween for their Horror Nights, and it'd be awesome if I could just see the Turtles there instead of having to go to the Nick Hotel.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
I actually got an email from someone involved there...apparently the tmnt are going to be there for most of the summer, doing a whole bunch of appearances and whatnot. They've got a pizzeria set up, big gift shop, and other meet-and-greet type stuff...

Click Here
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #16
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
That sounds pretty Cool, if you are around the area.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Not sure what a tmnt dinner is but I want it.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.