The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
TMNT #13, April O'Neil Solicitations!



Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #13
(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A) Andy Kuhn (CA) Kevin Eastman, Andy Kuhn

The forces of good and evil marshal on multiple fronts as the 'Sins of the Fathers' arc begins! Casey Jones' worsening home life tempts Raph to dangerous action- and Splinter decides to set a new course for his son's way of life. Plus, what dark secret is the Shredder hiding - even from his own Clan?! Change is afoot!


Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-series #7: April O'Neil
(W) Barbara Kesel (A) Marley Zarcone (CA) David Petersen, Marley Zarcone
April O'Neil's life has been turned upside down in the aftermath of meeting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Rather than running from the choas, April decides to meet it head-on. Determined to make a difference, April starts to investigate suspicious circumstances at Stockgen Labs. What she finds will have serious repercussions for herself... and the Turtles!

Last edited by Toby Barrett; 05-21-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Looks pretty awesome! cant wait for the next few issues
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Great news!

I like how all these supporting characters are starting to get featured on the TMNT ongoing covers.

The issue #13 solicit kinda kills some of the possible suspense I had over Splinter's fate in the current storyline. But "Sins of the Fathers" sounds like an interesting arc if it's gonna highlight Casey.

The April O'Neil cover & solicit intrigues me. I assume she'll be trying to swipe some Mutagen ooze as legal evidence against Stockman or else as something for Donatello to study. The sinister looking figure in silhouette has got me curious. My guess is Old Hob (assuming he lives long enough to survive the current arc, that is!).

Also, cover for ongoing #14 is up on the IDW forums:
http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewt...start=1065#top
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Awesome! Really looking forward to all the Micros! Kind of a nitpick, but why is Casey Jones' full name being used for his issue but April's is just April? Seems a little weird...
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Awesome! Really looking forward to all the Micros! Kind of a nitpick, but why is Casey Jones' full name being used for his issue but April's is just April? Seems a little weird...
It is kinda nitpicking, but I'll admit that I thought the same thing when I saw the title!
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Rat King perhaps?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Sophie Campbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 498
so pumped for the April issue!!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #8
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Awesome! Really looking forward to all the Micros! Kind of a nitpick, but why is Casey Jones' full name being used for his issue but April's is just April? Seems a little weird...
They are not using his full name that would be Arnold Casey Jones.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post




Rad covers. Looking forward to them.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #10
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Campbell View Post
so pumped for the April issue!!
come on ross spill the beens....is that Rat King in the back ground???
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Rat King perhaps?
I really hope you're right!

Anybody know the release date for the April Micro?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
April looks like a DC or Marvel character in that pic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #13
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
April looks like a DC or Marvel character in that pic.
I dont like the way her lips where drawn......
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
They are not using his full name that would be Arnold Casey Jones.
Ah, who's nitpicking now?! Haha well, how about full moniker then? I'm sure you know what I'm gettin' at... Why not call the Micro Casey then? Ah well, it doesn't really bug me, just couldn't help but notice!

Anyway, Arnold was his name in Mirage, but who knows in IDW!
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"

Last edited by Matches Malone; 05-18-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
azrael
Mad Scientist
 
azrael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: loganville, ga
Posts: 1,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
April looks like a DC or Marvel character in that pic.
Looks like Barbara Gordon. Hopefully this will be better than the current Batgirl book (yuck!) I cant believe I wanted to see Gail's TMNT.
__________________
Creator of The Death Poppets
azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
Matches Malone
Stone Warrior
 
Matches Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 954
I just realized we have girls writing and drawing the April Micro! Awesome!
__________________
"Baxter, you slime puppy!"
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I just realized we have girls writing and drawing the April Micro! Awesome!
Hey, cool! Very few women have ever been credited with drawing the TMNT! Actually, I can't think of any in US comics, come to think of it.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #18
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Awesome covers! For the first time I'm going to have to obtain two variants of a Mirco Series comic. BTW, I'm a little confused by the title of this thread. Where does the number 13 come in here? We haven't even gotten that far into the series yet.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 05-18-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #19
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Awesome covers! For the first time I'm going to have to obtain two variants of a Mirco Series comic. BTW, I'm a little confused by the title of this thread. Is April's issue really the 13th book in the series? If so that means we got like 7 characters to go through before we get to her.
What? Did you even bother to read...anything? This thread is for issue # 13 of the main series and Micro-series #7: April O'Neil
.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Yea, I figured that out like a few moments before I read your post, Samhaim. I've been skimming over a lot of posts lately, hence the little mistake. In my defense though, people should really use the word AND or some variation of the word (&/+) instead of a stupid comma when talking about more than one item.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april o'neil, comic discussion, idw


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.