The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
What type of TV do the Turtles have in the show?

You know that old beat-up 80's looking TV with the antenna that was missing one leg where there's 3 books holding it up from the side?

It actually amuses me that with all the high-tech gear Don creates, that the turtles have to use an old beat-up 80's TV they probably found lying in a dumpster or the sewers.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I think later on they upgraded to something a little more modern, though they never had a flat screen.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
Actually, they kinda did. I forget whch episode but Donatello's transdimentional portal breaks down permanently so he converts it into a TV that he calls "Turtle Vision".

So Don created the first flat screen TV a good five years before the humans.
__________________

Last edited by TMNT_Guy; 07-10-2012 at 12:25 PM.
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
Actually, they kinda did. I forget whch episode but Donatello's transdimentional portal breaks down permanently so he converts it into a TV that he calls "Turtle Vision".

So Don created the first flat screen TV a good five years before the humans.
It's The Foot Soldiers Are Revolting.

The turtles got a new bigger TV in Raphael Knocks Em Dead, I forget, did it have 200 or so channels? And I wonder why they got rid of it and went back to their old TV in the next episode.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
So Don created the first flat screen TV a good five years before the humans.
Oh that's right. How could I forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
The turtles got a new bigger TV in Raphael Knocks Em Dead, I forget, did it have 200 or so channels? And I wonder why they got rid of it and went back to their old TV in the next episode.
Odds are the fancy newer one blew up because Donatello was tinkering with it too often.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.