The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Recreating the Turtles

Essentially the Nick TMNT is an entirely new premise while keeping the original "spirit" of various TMNT media throughout the years. Thus, the Turtles are being recreated.

So far, from the latest news we have heard from London, it sounds like they are being most creative with both Michelangelo & Leonardo. Donnie sounds the same as usual, and let's be real the April thing isn't new, Don crushes on April in the 2k3 plenty. Raphael sounds the same.

Based on another member's description that was at LCC, We have a seemingly 2k3 influenced Mikey (which I'm really happy about) who, which is kind of new for Mike, is apparently now coming through in the clutch for the group. As the Turtles are all younger in this series than usual (I assume they're about 12-13?), Leonardo's main character struggle is already introduced as he fights naivety to become the best leader he can be.

So they're definitely having a good time I think especially with those two. Plus, I haven't heard one bad thing about Cipes as Mikey. I can't wait to hear him in action! Cipes is the man!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
So..... What's the topic of discussion here? Are you just stating those facts, or are you asking us to chime in with our own thoughts?

(Not trying to be a smart-a$$, just wondering where you'd like this thread to go.)
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendophile View Post
So..... What's the topic of discussion here? Are you just stating those facts, or are you asking us to chime in with our own thoughts?

(Not trying to be a smart-a$$, just wondering where you'd like this thread to go.)
Er...chime in with your...thoughts? Agree? Disagree?
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I actually like the thought of a novice Leo, makes him seem like a character who can grow. Say what you will about 4Kids Leo but his failure arc in season 4 seemed kinda forced and got old really quickly.

If they can make Mikey legitimately funny and also pull his weight, then this will also make me happy. I'm kinda hoping for a live action Mikey vibe from this Mikey.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
Ravenxl7
Stone Warrior
 
Ravenxl7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 488
I'm really liking most everything I've read about the new show. Only one or two things worry me (the music and Teen Titans influence).

Leo being a naive leader should be interesting, and will certainly give him room to grow. I like the inclusion of the Captain Kirk-esque TV character role-model.

Raph sounds pretty much exactly how I expected him to. He's the hot-headed and jealous of his older brother that likes to throw the first punch. Only thing that would make him any better, would be if this version continued the use of the phrase "fearless leader" towards Leo.

Like Raph, Donatelo sounds pretty much exactly how I was expecting him to. He's the tech guy/nerd/geek. The crush on April isn't anything new, but I imagine it'll be more obvious in this new show. It's mostly been subtle in the past.

Michelangelo sounds like he'll be pleanty of fun, which is what I was hoping for. I even like the new catch-phrase, though I do hope cowabunga get's used at some point too. While I appreciate the continued use of Mikey as comic-relief, it's comforting to know he'll be more than just that in this new show.

Splinter being more active in the show should be interesting. Especially with the turtles being closer to the teens they're supposed to be. I look forward to seeing him go toe-to-toe with Shredder.

The Kraang sound like they'll certainly be an interesting force in the show. The idea that they'll all refer to each other as Kraang, but somehow know exactly which one of them is being talked to is both hilarious and awesome. I wonder what they have in-store for this race of being in the future. Would certainly be cool to see the return of dimension X.
__________________
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I may get piled on for this, but I like the idea of Splinter as Yoshi better than Splinter as Yoshi's pet rat. It makes the Shredder vs. Splinter dynamic a bit more real to me. It is one of the strong suits of the Fred Wolf series, the real animosity (at least early on) between Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi, both before and after they took on alternate personas.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i'm lookin forward to c leo make mistakes n struggle to be better...sounds lots fun
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I may get piled on for this, but I like the idea of Splinter as Yoshi better than Splinter as Yoshi's pet rat. It makes the Shredder vs. Splinter dynamic a bit more real to me. It is one of the strong suits of the Fred Wolf series, the real animosity (at least early on) between Oroku Saki and Hamato Yoshi, both before and after they took on alternate personas.
Nah, I'm with you on that man.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't think Leo's failure arc in 4Kids was forced at all. It gave him a lot of depth and really showed how their near suicide attempt really affected him. I like how in this show he's going to be seen as a novice who's learning to be a leader. In most incarnations, he's given the role and mostly seems to deal with it well, though there are times where he shoulders the burden too much as evidenced in 4Kids. I like where Leo's character is going in this show though.

As for Mikey, I'm also glad that he isn't just going to be comic relief. I also hope they don't make him scared of things all the time. That got old in 4Kids.

As for Splinter, I could go either way with him. It doesn't matter to me whether he's human or Yoshi's pet rat. I like the idea that he'll be more active and won't just sit on the sidelines offering the Turtles advice like in the Fred Wolf series.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
Purplepizzaeater
Mouser
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 10
Overall the show sounds like it has the potential to be very good. I for one like splinter as yoshi better then him being his pet rat, to me this just makes more sense. I just hope they don't make don to neerdy I really liked his caractor in the 2k3 run. I also like the idea of the foot not just being push overs and the idea of krang and shredder being separate one has to speculate on there eventinal team up or perhaps they could be enemy's as well? I also thought it was cool that they are trying to make the fighting more ninja like. Overall there was nothing really that I heard in the podcast that made me go " I really don't like that idea" I have pretty high hopes for it.
Purplepizzaeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
These are pretty good characterizations. I’m guessing it won’t be too dumbed down. I mean, there’s no way they’ll be morons, right?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.