The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
New Ninja Turtles Blu Ray Triple Pack.

WB has discontinued the 25th Pizza Box Blu Ray set and has now released TMNT 1,2,3 in a triple pack for $14.99.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=201138&page=3

The disc artwork for the Triple pack is The Pizza's that were used for the Pizza Box set.


TMNT Blu Ray Triple Pack will hit storewide November 13. Currently a Walmart only title


TMNT films 1-3 to be released individially Dec 18.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Teenag...Blu-ray/30593/
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.

Last edited by rufus; 09-14-2012 at 03:26 PM.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Wow, I'm checking eBay, and the outgoing set is now bidding in the $65-$75 range, about double for what it was going for just a year ago! Still, it's a nice more economical way to enjoy on Blu-Ray, where you can buy the CGI movie alone for around $7 on eBay/Amazon, making this package a very reasonable value.


I should have cornered this deal though:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?p=894294
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Shell yes! ^_^ Never saw that pizza box with the unwanted bonuses go for less than $40, and it was a serious pain trying to store. Just too bad this means there's virtually no chance of a special edition for movie #1.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
If the New turtles cartoon and movie explode there maybe a slim chance that WB will wise up and do a special edition.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
screwloose
Mouser
 
screwloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Medford, OR
Posts: 12
Just picked up the new triple pack at wal-mart and couldn't be happeier $15 is a much more reasonable price for me.
__________________
screwloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
It's good or bad news (depending on your point of view) for the completionist comic collectors since the pizza box set contained a printing of the first movie comic that is exclusive to the set.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
It's good or bad news (depending on your point of view) for the completionist comic collectors since the pizza box set contained a printing of the first movie comic that is exclusive to the set.
That was about the only collectable of worth in the set, unless you planned on wearing the beanie. The collectable cards/bios that came with the set were a bit cheesy, using photoshopped images from the third film.

I liked the look of box set, but I'm a bit picky about disc storage. I don't like to take out another disc to get to the disc I want to watch (like the TMNT set) or have to fidget or slide a disc out (like on the Star Wars and Alien box sets). In that regard, it wasn't completely practical, so I just took a pair of Two Disc blu ray cases, and popped the discs in and both cases fit snugly with the comic and the cards.

If they do ever make a US special edition release of the first film (if not the sequels, as well)-- and I hope they do-- I hope they finally use the original "sewer lid" poster. And, you gotta have those workprint scenes!
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
WB really needs to do a special edition. TMNT is hot right now and it looks like they are going to release a single edition of the first film on Blu Ray Dec 18 and most likely bare bones.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
Floyd91
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 47
It'll be nice to add these to the bluray collection. Already got a movie and pizza marathon planned with the wife.
Floyd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
Is it worth getting the Blu-Rays if someone already has the DVD's (i/e is there enough of a difference in picture quality to justify it)?
I'm a bit of an audiophile/videophile and my response to people who ask this question is usually that it depends on your screen size. If you're using a 32 inch screen, the difference between DVD vs. Blu Ray quality is going to be negligible, especially if your DVD player upscales. The difference is there in a side by side comparison. But I personally don't notice a significant improvement in picture quality until around the 46-50 inch range (the more you blow up a 480p signal the more is degrades). So my advice, assuming you already own the DVD's, is that I wouldn't bother re-buying the set unless your TV is around 50 inches or above. That being said, if you don't already own the set, go with Blu-Ray over DVD regardless to future proof your collection.
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
I just owned the VHS set myself which is why I bought the Blu Ray set
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #12
psych23232323
Foot Soldier
 
psych23232323's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Here
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku Saki View Post
Is it worth getting the Blu-Rays if someone already has the DVD's (i/e is there enough of a difference in picture quality to justify it)?
It is if the Blu-Ray had deleted scenes.
psych23232323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych23232323 View Post
It is if the Blu-Ray had deleted scenes.
Does it?

Typically, Idon't care about deleted scenes, because I don't consider them canon. But for these movies, I'd be curious to see.

This is probably a good option for me. I repurchased TMNT on Blu-ray as soon as I got a player. But I still have the originals on DVD. In fact, the first movie is in the old school carboard case that still says "Action" on the spine
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
Does it?

Typically, Idon't care about deleted scenes, because I don't consider them canon. But for these movies, I'd be curious to see.
Nope. I'm sure they're just reprints of the 2009 bluray boxset's first three discs. IIRC, they were so quickly tossed together that they didn't even have menus. You put the disc in the player, and it auto-starts the movie.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.