The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
TomWaltz
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TomWaltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 510
TMNT COMICS APP now Available!

Spread the word!

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2330/

And many, MANY thanks to you, our friends, for such continued and AWESOME support!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TomWaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Pretty cool for those who like digital comics. While I prefer print comics, as long as it increases revenue for IDW so the TMNT comics continue for a long time to come, its fine with me.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
Any chance we could get something akin to the marvel program where if you bought the comic (and in my case and i'm sure many other's case multiple of the same comic for the different covers) that we could also receive the digital version?

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/ma...free-20120311/

Edit: also this is my 100th post! yay me
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Turtle Comic App

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tmnt-...525819487?mt=8
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
There's a thread for that...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Oh oops. Sorry about that.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I was hoping for something more universal like Comixology but this'll do once I buy an iPad or something.

Edit: Comixology is included.

Last edited by Kendamu; 06-05-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
effing A ive been waiting for this.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I was hoping for something more universal like Comixology but this'll do once I buy an iPad or something.

Edit: Comixology is included.
Comixology is actually the same thing. IDW's apps are simply rebranded versions that just feature their books.

I tried it out quick with the 3 free downloads they give you. The books look really great and reading them this way would work fine.

I'd like to keep digital copies handy because it makes them easy to reference after my hard copy gets put away in a box, but I'm not sure that I'm willing to invest another $2/book for something I've already bought.

I'm going to play around with it more a little later to see if I think it's worth $2/issue.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #10
SS_Turtle
Hench Mutant
 
SS_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northeast
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
Any chance we could get something akin to the marvel program where if you bought the comic (and in my case and i'm sure many other's case multiple of the same comic for the different covers) that we could also receive the digital version?

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/ma...free-20120311/

Edit: also this is my 100th post! yay me
I also hope IDW does something similar to marvels program, I love having the printed comic but wouldn't mind being able to re-read them on my phone or ipad, laptop etc....
SS_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Comixology is actually the same thing. IDW's apps are simply rebranded versions that just feature their books.

I tried it out quick with the 3 free downloads they give you. The books look really great and reading them this way would work fine.

I'd like to keep digital copies handy because it makes them easy to reference after my hard copy gets put away in a box, but I'm not sure that I'm willing to invest another $2/book for something I've already bought.

I'm going to play around with it more a little later to see if I think it's worth $2/issue.
I've used Comixology and its brand specific versions before. It was the "only on iOS" thing that originally threw me off. I have a PC and an Android phone.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Great idea, but since I usually get at least two variants each issue, spending extra money on a digital copy just doesn't make sense. But obviously it's meant for people who either don't care to spend the extra money, or only want the digital copy. Great job IDW!!
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #13
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
finally I can catch up as they come out... having no comicshops on this island is a bit difficult to read em as they release. Thanks Tom... this'll helps me a lot.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #14
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
All I know is that, after I get paid next week, I'm going to be downloading a large cart full of TMNT digital comics.

Of course, I'll still be buying the TPBs and Hardcovers in print, but for issue-to-issue purposes I'll be going completely digital.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
I might be buying some digital copies possibly. Lately I haven't felt like paying cover price when I'll be buying the trades anyway, so buying digitally is cheaper and will tide me over till the trades come out.
__________________
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:37 AM   #16
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Wow! Getting this now!
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:52 AM   #17
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Hmm, so what you're saying Tom, is that I need to buy an iPad... I always wanted an iPad
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:31 AM   #18
Thorneyeagle
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 130
I have to agree, it would be nice if people who have purchased the comic could get either a free download or at least discounted download.

I don't think i need to repeat why.

~edit~
As a side note - the availability of volume one issues in digital format is a nice touch. For people who want to read without the price tag of the ultimate volume. Granted I love my hardcover copies but I still think its a good deal. Now if only my nook would work with this.
Thorneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #19
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Being a Windows, Linux & Android user I've been trying to avoid buying an iPad for as long as I possibly can, but this might the thing that finally makes me break down and get one.

If you've got the app, I'd love to hear your hands-on review...
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
Being a Windows, Linux & Android user I've been trying to avoid buying an iPad for as long as I possibly can, but this might the thing that finally makes me break down and get one.

If you've got the app, I'd love to hear your hands-on review...
Comixology, (and each one of it's specific series apps), works very well. You press on the right side of the screen to move to the next page/issue/segment, and on the left of the screen to go back. Pressing the middle of the screen takes you to options.

It does a little bit more than just advance, (in the case of my iphone it will zoom in and out for things that are too small etc.) and has a feature to auto rotate if it looks better this way or that way if you want to turn it on.

The only caveat I have with going digital is that I'm buying all the comics in print, (most of the time multiples of the same issue,) and it just doesn't make sense for me to buy them again.
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.