The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
The Technodrome Awards 2012 Nominations!

Here we go, kids! It's time to send in your nominations for the 2012 Technodrome Awards AKA The Dromies! Let's get this party started!

Here are the ground rules -
1) One nomination per category. The most nominated members will be selected for the final vote.
2) You can't nominate yourself!
3) Only nominations by PM will be counted. You can use the thread to discuss, but please leave your actual nominations for PM.
4) Send all nominations to the Technodrome Awards account, or if it's somehow easier for you send them to the Awards Committee - Machias Banshee, Katie, Slap-Happy, Archon_Turtle and myself!

Alright! Now that that's out of the way it's time for the categories!

-Addicted to the Drome
-Member You'd Most Like to Meet
-Most Artistic Member
-Best Author
-Least Appreciated Member
-Most Lovable Member
-Nicest Member
-Strangest Member
-Best New Member
-Most Interesting Topic Creator
-Weirdest Topic Creator
-Member with the Smallest Vocabulary
-Member with the Biggest Vocabulary
-Most Knowledgeable - Toys
-Most Knowledgeable - Comics
-Donatello Award for Most Insightful Posts
-Michelangelo Award for Most Humorous
-Leonardo Award for Community Leader
-Raphael Award for Most Sarcastic
-Member Most Likely to Never Receive an Award
-Best Moderator
-Member of the Year

And finally a few special editions to the Dromies!

The Golden Mango for Community Contribution! A very special award for the member who has contributed the most to the Technodrome and the TMNT community at large, presented by one of the most beloved and senior members of the Technodrome Forums - Machias Banshee!

Joining the prestigious Golden Mango is Technodrome Forums Hall of Fame! This category is reserved for those members who deserve to be remembered for all-time in the ancient halls of our ancestors...or whatever. We'll be inducting two members into the Technodrome Hall of Fame this year, so make sure you send in two nominations!

And here we are. Get nominating, kids and remember to spread the word around the forums, especially now that nominations have begun!

Last edited by Peanut; 06-05-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Oh, man. I'm gonna send in my nominations righ nah.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I know this is gonna get me lambasted, but can the committee be nominated for the Golden Mango or the Hall of Fame?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Yeah, probably should have made that clear. Everyone is eligible for those last two awards.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Yeah, probably should have made that clear. Everyone is eligible for those last two awards.
Good to know.

Nominations sent...how long do we have to get them in?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
how long do we have to get them in?
There is no deadline at the moment, so just keep sending them in for now. We'll let you guys know when the cut off is.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #7
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Hey I just sent it and this is craaaazzzzyyyyy.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Here are my nominations, so count them maybe.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
Just sent in my nominations.

Man, that was more difficult than I thought.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
Awards
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 17
And just so everyone knows, if you don't want to fill out the entire ballot you're not required to. I've had a few people ask if it's OK and yes, it's fine. Nominate for what you feel you're qualified to.
Awards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #11
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Ok, so I think I sent them in right as I've never done this before
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awards View Post
And just so everyone knows, if you don't want to fill out the entire ballot you're not required to. I've had a few people ask if it's OK and yes, it's fine. Nominate for what you feel you're qualified to.
Haha, I wished I'd known that before I nominated. That's what made it so tough; trying to nominate peeps for awards in areas of the Drome that I never really associated myself with.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #13
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Haha, I wished I'd known that before I nominated. That's what made it so tough; trying to nominate peeps for awards in areas of the Drome that I never really associated myself with.
That's what I had troubles with also
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,069
I've only just joined, and I know this is crazy
But here are some nominations, and award me maybe

Quote:
Member Most Likely to Never Receive an Award
Yep, that's me
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
No. Get out of here.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
That's what I had troubles with also
Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Haha, I wished I'd known that before I nominated. That's what made it so tough; trying to nominate peeps for awards in areas of the Drome that I never really associated myself with.
I'm with you and TMNT Candian. I followed General and 4Kids for years before I registered and still only venture over to other places only so often as a member. I do appreciate the opportunity to nominate across the board though.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Good thing that 'Member with the Biggest Image Archive' category got dropped.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
XERO
Hybrid Theorist
 
XERO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Alamo City
Posts: 8,184
Yeah, I think Ai took that one everytime.
__________________

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Come on, people! Let's get nominating! Things are already starting to look VERY interesting on a lot of different fronts.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #20
愛
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Yeah, I think Ai took that one everytime.
I don't have nearly as big of an image archive as I used to.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.