The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
To The Rescue


Finally finished after a few months and clearing out the excess photos taken to piece it all together.

To The Rescue is loosely inspired on the original TMNT coin-op, with smutterings of the old Fred Wolf cartoon.

April has once again found herself once again stalked by The Foot Clan, and its time for an epic entrance to begin the rescue.

The Leonardo figure used is the Storage Shell version which I have always felt was an vast improvement over the original ‘worried’ design. This Leo looks tough and ready to tangle with any goons that need dealing with. In addition, I’ve always been a big fan of the Cheapskate vehicle - a favourite since childhood as I could not afford (and still cant) the awesome Party Wagon. I wanted to combine and epic figure with an epic vehicle and have them own the picture.

“Eat Katana!”

One of the Foot Soldiers has met a nasty decapitation. How that has happened I’ll leave it up to you - the spectator. I don’t normally do loss of limbs in anything I work on, but the Foot Soldiers are robots and that’s an exception.

Huge thanks to cybrea-stock.deviantart.com/ for the main background image, as well as istockphoto too for additional material.

--------------
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Leonardo, April O’Neil, and Foot Clan are creations of Mirage Studios, and trademarks of Nickelodeon/Viacom ltd © 2012
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Pretty epic piece, Hero!

Although, when I read the title to this thread, images of Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers came immediately to mind.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
nice work man. cool pic.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Wow. Awesome work, Ken. I like it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.